Karel Staple Club meets in Napa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karel Staple Club meets in Napa

We had a great meeting in Napa today at the home of our President and Treasurer Frank and Johanna Smith.

It was a little cold when we first got there but it warmed up nicely. Ray Clerici always brings the most unique Studebakers at the meet. This time he brought his '47 M Series flatbed.

We had three visiting families and one joined today. Troy and Wendy Llopis just bought a 1950 sedan so, needless to say, they were quite interested in my car. They are our newest members.

Andy Maas drove all the way from Oroville and had to drive from Knights Landing without his power steering. The bracket busted loose from the manifold so he removed the belt and tied it up out of the way to keep it out of the fan. What a guy. It takes a lot to keep Andy away.

New members Troy and Wendy. They were jazzed about their ne 50 bullet nose sedan. I can't wait to see what they do with it.

Frank parks his Studebakers on the lawn to make room for everyone else. They have a nice corner lot so there is plenty of room for the 13 Studebakers that were there.

Rick Andersen has at least a dozen Studebakers from a Weasel to an Avanti. It's always fun to see what he brings. This is his 64 Convertible - beautiful....
    Last edited by Sdude; 08-21-2011, 07:00 PM.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Hey Jon! This is Troy, wendy and i had an absolute blast yesterday and are thrilled to meet so many awesome people! thanks for posting the pic!

I'm gonna start a detailed build thread on our car here tonight so you guys can see exactly what we're up to! we have a ton of pics to share! so keep an eye out for it...

Comment

Hey Jon, i sent you a PM about uploading pics, i would like to get them like they are on your posts, when i upload them it gives you a thumbnail to click on and make larger, but i would like them to be full size like yours are, it makes for much easier reading! thanks jon! you can send me a PM or just answer me here.

Comment

Sweeeet, Jon; nice photos and what looks like a nice day.

And welcome, Troy and Wendy. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
        X