The trip is on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trip is on!

I willfinally be headed to Louisiana to rescue my '63 Champ that I wrecked about five years ago. I have rented a 24 FT box truck and trailer to bring her up to Rome, NY. I plan on taking the shortest route which is up I-81. If I can help anyone who lives more or less on the route by moving Stude stuff, let me know and I'll make youa deal. Wish me luck!

Good luck, seadog. I traveled that route many times in a 13 ton truck with one of those little coffin sleepers on the back of the cab. Being that I was an "expedited freight" hauler...I had to keep a log book and visit all open scales. If you are required to do the same...roll through the scales with an alert look, neat unclutterd dash, clean truck, and you should get the green light every time.

I hope all goes well for you.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks! I won't have to stop at the scales as this is a private move on my part. My stepson and I are going to do this together so the driving won't be too strenuous either. Hopefully too, I'll figure out how to post some pictures of the move. Like I said in my previous post, if anyone has stuff they need to move more or less along the route, I'd be glad to help.

Comment

Kevin- How close are you coming to Fayetteville, GA? Matthew has a trans. for my Lark I'm trying to get brought North. PM sent!
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I'll mapquest it now and get back to you via PM Bob.

Comment

Holy crapoli! My Champ was stolen! the guy sold his business and the new owners towed my truck away! Who knows whre they took it! Had to file a police report! I am sooo pissed.

Comment

Arrg! I feel your pain. I had to give up my Stude 35 years ago and I just built a replacement for it. Now I stand guard and keep it close to me. Good luck with the police.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

thanks Warlaww. I was truely stunned whent the guy told me his version of the story. The Sheriff's deputy feels I have a strong case at least take civil litigation.

Comment

Damn! Hope you found out before you drove down there! Keep us posted.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    Damn! Hope you found out before you drove down there! Keep us posted.
                    Hey Bob, my company sent me down here at their expense since they have to send me home from the ship anyway. Price was about the same so no problem there. Should be hearing from the deputy today. My stepson and I are driving a smaller rental truck home starting tomorrow morning. I brought him down to help paint my old house that I have for sale. We got that done these past four days. Anyway if you still want that tranny, its no trouble to swing by Matthew;s place for you. No charge.

Comment

PM sent!
                      Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

We just loaded up Bob's transmission in the back of Kevin's rental truck and I pointed him towards the interstate. The Studebaker Express rides again!

Comment

Very cool! Many thanks again, Matthew. Kevin, I'll see you soon, hope your trip is safe!
                          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

No prob, Bob. Got to Matt's a little late due to a late start this AM. Drove a little over 700 miles in the rental truck today. I plan on the same amount of miles, more or less tomorrow. Very nice finally meeting Matt. Nice young man and that 51 Champion in his garage is just unbelievable!

Comment

Made it home safely Friday afternoon! I can't wait to talk to the detective handling my case! There must be some legal redress, wouldn't ya think?

Comment

Working...
                              X