No announcement yet.

What about Reedsville- and Max Corkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Reedsville- and Max Corkins?

Was wondering what the date was and went looking for the dates- doesn't show up on the site or in TW. Did I miss it, or is it not happening??

Also, anyone got an update on Max Corkins?
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Was wondering what the date was and went looking for the dates- doesn't show up on the site or in TW. Did I miss it, or is it not happening??

Also, anyone got an update on Max Corkins?
    Google search shows November 18 and 19, 2011: Reedsville Pa
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Max C. was at the Atlantic Zone Meet at Gettysburg, walking and talking. Been thru a lot but seemed to be in good spirits. stupak

Comment

I recently spoke with Max, who is recovering well. He assured me that plans for Reedsville are proceeding normally. There had been some rumors to the contrary circulating, but they are not true.

On the down side, for the Reedsville set, A.J. Peachey's has halted construction of their new facility due to financial issues. They may not be open by November. More bad news is that the Reedsville Seafood Company restaurant has closed. No more seafood chowder for the Madd Doodler.
        Jim Bradley
        Lake Monticello, VA
        '78 Avanti II
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rerun View Post
          On the down side, for the Reedsville set, A.J. Peachey's has halted construction of their new facility due to financial issues. They may not be open by November.

I hope they're still operating out of the portables? Wouldn't be Reedsville without a breakfast at Peachey's!

Glad to hear Max is coming along. I had not heard the rumors you mention, but I know Max had been sick, and he's the main man behind the Meet, and then when I couldn't find it on the SDC site or in TW I started wondering.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Thanks for the updates. I have really enjoyed Reedsville the past few years...beautiful part of the state, good company, and a Studie 'fix' right before winter!
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Sure wish I could make it to Reedsvile again really enjoyed the time Ian and I went, but can only do so many trips a year so far Springfield, and next PSMCR and in Oct. the Pacific States Zone meet , that a lot of miles for an old man and wife in a wheel chair, but hope to make another some day.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Working...
              X