Escaped 1953/1954 Starliner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escaped 1953/1954 Starliner?

OK, sleuths; is anyone here responsible for a nice red / white top 1953/1954 Starliner seen escaping central Indiana Saturday morning, August 13, about 11 AM? The rig was westbound on I-74 a couple of miles west of the west leg of I-465, the circle around Indianapolis, so it was headed for Illinois or points west from central Indiana.

It was on a trailer being towed by a fairly new F-150 extended cab in maroon with gold lower trim. The car looked gorgeous but was headed the opposite direction, so I had little time to study any details. (If anyone here was driving the truck, they may have seen me driving the other way, as I was in my white 1964 Daytona sedan headed to our regular Indy Chapter SDC meeting that afternoon, NE of Indianapolis.)

One of our Indy Chapter members, Jim Proctor, had such a car for sale (a Champion), so I suppose I had better check with him to see if it has escaped central Indiana.

Anybody here aware of a transaction or transportation? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.
Working...
X