Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Studebakers.... Trim around rear window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Studebakers.... Trim around rear window?

New guy here just picked up a 53 Coupe and it has a little chrome/stainless trim around the back of the roof under the rear window. Is this original?? haven't seen any others with it.... Looks like a good transition line for a 2 tone paint job....

thanks
    Attached Files

Not original to '53. Available on some later models; not sure which. Expect more knowledgeable responses shortly.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Nice car ... yes Stainless trim is original. If you haven't already joined the Studebaker Driver's Club. The "Turning Wheels" magazine is a wealth of information and the vendors listed in the classifiedoin the back can supply any part you will need form just standard maintenance or all the way up to everything you would need for a complete frame-off restoration.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386
      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

It's only original to certain 55 and 56 cars.....but as you can see, works well o n 53's too

Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Its not original to a '53-'54, the paint line there went between the side and back windows, up about 2 inches, concealed by a 'Studebaker' script.

Comment

When I replied to your question I thought you meant the stainless around rear glass, then after seeing others post and looking at the arrow on your picture I realize now the piece you were talking about .... my bad.

That being said I still like the looks of your car and wish you all the joy and happiness that comes with owning a Studebaker.
            sigpic
            John
            63R-2386
            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

thanks for the help... i didn't think it was original to the 53. but i do like it if i'm going to go with a 2 tone. nice separation line.

Comment

That is a Great looking Red/Maroon Color. Any idea what make, year and Color that is?
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Truck View Post
                  New guy here just picked up a 53 Coupe and it has a little chrome/stainless trim around the back of the roof under the rear window. Is this original?? haven't seen any others with it.... Looks like a good transition line for a 2 tone paint job....

thanks
                  Are you sure it's a '53?
                  The paint divider, dash and maybe the steering wheel cries out '56.
                  What's the serial number. Does the number on the door jam coincide with the number on the rear crossmember?
                  BTY, the '55's had stainless steel belt line moldings (a one year only item) and the paint divider stainless. The '56 had the SS paint divider and the potmetal beltline moldings.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                    /Cut/BTY, the '55's had stainless steel belt line moldings (a one year only item) and the paint divider stainless. The '56 had the SS paint divider and the potmetal beltline moldings.
                    Did ya ever notice that whenever you make an educated GUESS at something, some smart a$$ will correct you?

Since we are talking Coupes here, there are no "belt line Mouldings" on '56's because the Flight Hawks and Power Hawks are all low trim level C3 Coupes.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

title says it's a 53.... it's been modified for sure. later model hawk dash and steering wheel. later model 289v8(frozen up unfortunately) 3 spd on the floor. I'm pretty sure it's a mutt.

Comment

Working...
                      X