Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here and searching for my first Stude! Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here and searching for my first Stude! Please help!!

Hi all, My name is Joe and Im from western Mass. I have always wanted a 49-53 Studebaker 1/2 ton pick up since the day i saw the movie Hot Rod (1979). My dream car was always a willys gasser, that is until I saw the Stude.

Fast forward a few years, I have some cash and I want one. Im not real picky, I will look at anything from stock to mild custom, a savable rat rod, just about anything as long as the majority of the truck is there.

From my username I would think most anybody could tell I am a Ford guy, basically a 49-53 with either a small block Ford or an FE would be the cats...well you know!!

Thank you in advance, Joe

Let me throw out the "Welcome mat!" That said, I know there will be lots of us to help you out with your quest! I have no clue where to find your new truck, but I will be here to egg you on!
    Carey
    Packard Hawk

Comment

Thank you, I have come across one or two, but they're either gone by the time I call, or in one case to far away.

Comment

Welcome, and as the owner of a 51 pickup I would say you have good taste. Good luck in your hunt, they are out there to be found.
        You might also check out the studebaker truck forum. http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/viewall-page-1
        TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Originally posted by TDITS View Post
          Welcome, and as the owner of a 51 pickup I would say you have good taste. Good luck in your hunt, they are out there to be found.
          You might also check out the studebaker truck forum. http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/viewall-page-1
          Thanks for the tip and warm welcome. I posted there too.

Comment

I have a 49 1 ton in SC I would consider selling. It is basically stock with the Champion 6 in it. You can e-mail me at ourbuiss@yahoo.com Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the offer Steve. I'm not really looking for a one ton. I really really want a 1/2 ton short wheelbase. I appreciate the offer.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.
                eBay, eBay, eBay.
                Good Roads
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I have been in contact with guy In vegas. You guys know any reliable and easy to deal with shippers, that wont take three weeks to move a car from Vegas to Mass. ?

Comment

Google Peg Trucking, http://www.pegtrucking.com/contact_us.htm

They are like family.

Comment

1949 1/2 ton in California

I have a 1949 1/2 ton truck that is mostly there. I also have a big six with three speed with OD that I can throw in and some extra parts as well. I have decided to sell it to finance my dream truck. I have always wanted to build a Stude Gasser street truck. I have most of what I need and just need some cash to pull it off. So maybe we can make both our dreams come true and help each other out in the process. PM me and give me a contact # and I will call you to see if we can work something out.
                      Dan
                      The Bucket List Dream Avanti
                      The 1952 Studebaker Camper

Comment

Working...
                      X