Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y bodies; do they have similar interior dimensions regardless of model year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y bodies; do they have similar interior dimensions regardless of model year?

Question here: I looked at my 1962 Lark (definitely a Y body) and the center section seems to have the same overall dimensions as a 1950's Y body (Land Cruiser, President, etc.). Am I correct or were the older Y's roomier inside? I know the wheelbase is significantly shorter on the 1959 up Y's due to the portion in front of the firewall/cowl being shortened to create the compact Lark.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

The major difference would be in overall height, in 1958 (& on) the roof was flattened, and the seats lowered to get back some head room, so the Larks have less overall height.

Also notice that there is a wheelwell "curve" cut into the lower rear of the rear doors on later cars, so you have to think there may have been a slight change in length there also, going from 120 1/2" WB to 113 in.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
    X