Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk donor steel needed!!!!!!!!!

Greetings everyone!
    First, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd jump in here to see if I can get some help looking for donor steel for my current project. I'm working on a full restoration on a 1963 GT Hawk and at present need:
    Rear inner trunk latch panel, not just the piece that Classic is repoping but the panel it attaches to (from the right to left of the trunk walls and from the floor base to the weather strip seal area).
    Right rear tail light mounting panel, the piece that is welded to the fender that the tail light bolts to.
    Right rear inner quarter from just behind the wheel tub to the tail light mount.

I'm hoping some one out there in Stude land has these on a donor car with a lot less rust than the crap that I've removed and know that these pieces may not be "perfect" but repairable.
    I'm attaching photos of what I'm looking for, thanks in advance.
    - Steve
    studeman65@hotmail.com
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Studeman65 View Post
    Greetings everyone!
    First, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd jump in here to see if I can get some help looking for donor steel for my current project. I'm working on a full restoration on a 1963 GT Hawk and at present need:
    Rear inner trunk latch panel, not just the piece that Classic is repoping but the panel it attaches to (from the right to left of the trunk walls and from the floor base to the weather strip seal area).
    Right rear tail light mounting panel, the piece that is welded to the fender that the tail light bolts to.
    Right rear inner quarter from just behind the wheel tub to the tail light mount.

I'm hoping some one out there in Stude land has these on a donor car with a lot less rust than the crap that I've removed and know that these pieces may not be "perfect" but repairable.
    I'm attaching photos of what I'm looking for, thanks in advance.
    - Steve
    studeman65@hotmail.com
    Look's like you might be better off buying a west coast parts car and doing some swapping.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
      Look's like you might be better off buying a west coast parts car and doing some swapping.
      What a coincidence, I happen to have one. Primered, so you can paint it any color you want. Tired motor and trans, originally delivered to Huntington Park, CA. Solid everywhere. $2K + shipping. Swap the parts you need (not recommended) or swap the body tags or ....

Comment

Originally posted by pdrnec View Post
        What a coincidence, I happen to have one. Primered, so you can paint it any color you want. Tired motor and trans, originally delivered to Huntington Park, CA. Solid everywhere. $2K + shipping. Swap the parts you need (not recommended) or swap the body tags or ....

Back in the news group days, a guy passed on Hawk like yours that I had for sale because he found a local rust bucket for bit less than mine. A year or two later, he was 6K into floor and body repair to get where your car is right now. On some cars, the cancer spreads everywhere and is almost impossible to cut it all out.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Good luck with your project

I have spent the last few months patching holes on the right side on my 62 Lark. I invested 90+ dollars in a 4x8 sheet of 18 gauge steel and untold reels of welding wire since March of this year plus many hours of labor thrown in here and there. If I had it all to do again, I would find a west coast donor shell or just start with something in better condition. I like doing body work but I would like to spend my time driving my Lark instead of patching it

Jeff T.
          \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
          The Replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff T. View Post
            Good luck with your project

I have spent the last few months patching holes on the right side on my 62 Lark. I invested 90+ dollars in a 4x8 sheet of 18 gauge steel and untold reels of welding wire since March of this year plus many hours of labor thrown in here and there. If I had it all to do again, I would find a west coast donor shell or just start with something in better condition. I like doing body work but I would like to spend my time driving my Lark instead of patching it

Jeff T.
            My 1962 Lark was probably sold new here in the Phx area and it's almost 100% rust free, I'm from Wash DC and understand body rot quite well.............
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum!!!

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.
                Yes, swapping bodies would have been much easier but this car has a lot of family history and I have too much time and $ invested in it all ready. So far I have completed the passenger floors from the fire wall to the trunk hump, new body mounts, torque box, inner & outer rocker & a lot of fab work on stuff that isn't available. Would I redo another car as bad? Nope. But the car has been in the family since new in '63. Donor stuff, anyone?
                -Steve
                studeman65@hotmail.com

Comment

Leroy Carey of Carey's Fabricating makes (or used to) that rear trunk box section. I used one of his panels back in the late 90s on my '53. I don't have any current contact info tho.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Steve did you get my PM? if not let me know and I will again tell you what I have that will work for your project.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Bob,
                      Not to take this off thread, do you happen to have a Left front door widow regulator
                      for a 1964 4door Cruiser?
                      George King
                      Grants Pass, Oregon
                      64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Geo. maybe I will need to look, but last year I sold about 100 regulators to Chuck Collins in AZ.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

try Leroy at bakermaker@tds.net

Comment

George
                            Have you found 1 yet. I must have a good one w/all the rot buckets I parted.

Comment

Hi,

No I haven't In fact now I need one for my 64 Wagonaire, LH front.
                              And need one for a 66 Cruiser LH front.
                              George King
                              Grants Pass, Oregon
                              64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Working...
                              X