57 58 Golden Hawk exhaust tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 58 Golden Hawk exhaust tips.

About the chrome exhaust tips selling on Ebay that have multipul openings on the ends, about twice as many as the ones sold by Studebaker vendors. They seem to be similar to the, I believe originals, but have the smaller openings. My question is: I am trying to restore my 58 Golden Hawk to as close to original as possible. Would the tips with the multipul smaller openings be a bad choice? The guy selling them says they are Peters & Russel tips. I hope my explanation isn't as clear as mud....

Thanks, Don
    sigpic
    58 Golden Hawk
    DSamborski
    Pillager, MN

Don't go with the ebay stuff. Get these from SI. Well worth it.

Carey
    Packard Hawk

Comment

I thought,,,,thanks. Just wanted to be sure....I've purchased alot from S.I. very safisfied,.
      sigpic
      58 Golden Hawk
      DSamborski
      Pillager, MN

Comment

Don: The repros from SI are quite nice, BUT.....not 'exact' repros. To the trained eye, they can be detected as repros. All that said, I doubt that any points would be deducted at national shows. It all depends how 'original' you are seeking. Originals do show up on ebay now and then but, depending on condition, they are BIG BUCKS. The difference between the SI repros and originals is the outer 'lip' at the exhaust end. It is fatter. Other than that, a pretty nice repro. stupak

Comment

StupaK:
          Yah, my plan is to buy the SI tips. Should be just fine. I wouldn't think most people would look that close anyway.. I know i wouldn't.
          sigpic
          58 Golden Hawk
          DSamborski
          Pillager, MN

Comment

Kanter has a set that are for mopar that are close and $25 saving on each for saving of $50 for a pair close enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by don samborski View Post
              >>>I am trying to restore my 58 Golden Hawk to as close to original as possible.<<< Thanks, Don
              Don, maybe you already answered your own question!?!?

FWIW; a few months back I had the privilege of observing a group of Judges doing what they do best in the same SDC Class as your '58 Golden Hawk would be in. I was very impressed with ALL the Hawks entered (apparently the Judges were also) so much so they had to come back a second time to check the back-up lamps on one Golden Hawk just because they "didn't look correct." Guess what? ...that Golden Hawk did NOT win 1st Place.

When the competition gets tough, even the smallest thing can make a big difference.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Thanks for the information....Some guys have bottomless pockets so they can get what ever they want. I.m a poor guy in a rich mans hobby I guess. There are some things i am not scimping on but I have to be realistic and do what I can afford. Seeing it was may Dads original car.. I want to do the best I can and maybe not try to compete with the ones out of my class. I hope to have it complete next spring......after 4/5 years it will be an exciting relief.

Thanks, Don
                sigpic
                58 Golden Hawk
                DSamborski
                Pillager, MN

Comment

Thanks i will check them out.
                  sigpic
                  58 Golden Hawk
                  DSamborski
                  Pillager, MN

Comment