Tailgate needed for 1964 Studebaker Wagonaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate needed for 1964 Studebaker Wagonaire

I am looking to aquire a tailgate for a 1964 Studebaker Wagonaire that I am restoring.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi,
    And welcome to the SDC forum.
    It would greatly help if you could put what area of the world you are in!
    George King
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Since there are no New tailgates, any you would find would be used, possibly with all of the hardware inside.
      So do you need a Manual Window or a Power Window?

I take it you could make a Challenger, Commander or a Daytona Trimmed tailgate work for whatever you have.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The current tailgate on the Wagonaire has a power window. The individual that is restoring the Wagonaire for me says the rusted out bottom is the problem and would be difficult to restore so we are trying to find one in better shape. The current window has all the parts and the window in fine, it is just the rusted out bottom that is presenting the problem. THANKS for your reply.

Comment

Sorry, I am new to this. I reside in Victoria, Texas. This is south east Texas, between Houston and San Antonio and Austin and Corpus Chrisit. THANKS.

Comment

The individual that is restoring the Wagonaire for me says the rusted out bottom is the problem and would be difficult to restore so we are trying to find one in better shape.
            Good luck finding one. They all rusted out there unless they were never driven in rain.
            I'm going to have mine repaired, got tired of looking for one in good shape.
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Last decent one I had went to a fellow in South Bend of all places.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Hey Bob.Here is a picture of the tailgate you sold me,all patched and ready to go.It too was rusted some,but it is all good now. fdarliek,I have a spare tailgate (NOT THE ONE IN THE PICTURE) that needs some rust repair,but it is not GONE like most. I will consider selling it but it won't be cheap. I can email you pictures if you are interested. Getting it from here to there might be a problem. Thanks! Rich
                Attached Files

Comment

Like the old saying it is nice when a plan comes together, looks good glad I could help Rich....Bob
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

What happened? This poster disappear?

Comment

I would definitely be interested in seeing pictures and what you would want for it. My e-mail address is: fdarilek@firstvictoria.com

Comment

tailgate interchange

There were 2 types, one with the ladder, and one without. The ones without the ladder will not except a ladder, without a special inner brace.

I spent hours restoring the wrong one for my car, but with some looking around, found one to restore that has the ladder brace. Sure, I had to buy a whole car, but it had many good spares, even a nice body!

Comment

Tailgate needed

Be sure to check the torsion bar , if it is that rusted the bar is shot to.

Comment

1964 studebaker wagonaire

we also just got a 64 wagonaire, and would appreciate any help, guidance with parts etc. We are in Ohio

Comment

I have more pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X