Foglight configurations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foglight configurations?

I just recently sold a set of foglights that my father had indicated were for a Speedster. The buyer says they do not fit. I've looked at the newsgroup and done a search here but can't come up with an answer.

What different configuration did the foglight come in starting with 1953?

Thanks for the help.

1953-1954 fog lights look similar to 1955 fog lights, but one will not fit on the other due to different bumper shape.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary and others:

It's my understanding that the post 1955 C/K and sedan front bumper are the same. Is this true? Can the same be said for the 1953-54 C/K and sedan?

Thanks again,

Kevin

Comment

The bumpers (C/K vs. sedan) are not the same, but I believe that the curvature/cross section is the same (within a year group) and that for '53-'54 the same fog lights fit a C/K or a sedan/wagon.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I have a set of foglights that came from a '53 Starliner. They fit my '54 Land Cruiser bumper.

John

Comment

studegary wrote -
            quote:The bumpers (C/K vs. sedan) are not the same,
            How did you come to find this?

I removed a C-K front bumper and installed it on my 54 Conestoga...sure looked and appeared to fit the properly to me.

I have also been told that the dash boards were different. Another wives tale!
            My Conestoga now has a complete C-K Commander dash properly fit, in it...with no modifications, (the car is "currently" a Champian).

Also..."visually", the 55 is the same as the 53/54. I just bought a 55 Conestoga. Without trying to change it...they "appear" to be the same, length, width and shape). I'd guess before the 55 is finally streetable and running, I'll know for sure!

Mike

Comment

On the bumpers, I thought that they were similar, but that some holes in them, like for the bumper guards were different. A check of the parts books would verify.

I agree about the dashboards being the same.

It is hard to use a Conestoga as an example, because they are sort of a beast onto themselves. For example, I believe that a '55 Conestoga uses the old style '54 rear bumper and not the later '55 sedan style rear bumper.

My main point in response to this thread is that '53-'54 fog lights fit '53-'54 models and not '55 Speedsters and that '55 Speedster fog lights do not fit '53-'54.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Great information gentleman.

Thanks again.

Kevin

Kevin Edwards