Memo: The Price of Admission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memo: The Price of Admission

Yes, this is in the correct SDC Forum classification.

The annual SDC membership dues had to be raised to $31.00 last year. Predictably, this was greeted with occasional wailing and gnashing of teeth in some quarters. An earlier thread documented how much of a bargain that is when you look at the monthly Turning Wheels you receive.

Yesterday's mail brought the new, September 2011 Hemmings Muscle Machines. Therein are reports of a 1970 Buick GSX, a 1970 Mustang Boss 302, and a 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T. The information for each car includes Club Scene, telling you what clubs are available for each car, should you be be interested in finding out more.

Buick Club of America, membership 9,000
    Dues: $50/year

Mustang Club of America, membership 8,000
    Dues: $50/year

WPC [Walter P. Chrysler] Club, membership 4,000
    Dues: $35/year

'Bout says it all. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Add the American Truck Historical Society, 13,000 (approx.) members
    Dues: $57/year.

Craig

Comment

Gawd, if the Canadian $ keeps going up it'll cost us even less. Good time to do an SDC blitz in Loonie land.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The LCOC, (Lincoln and Continental Owners Club) National Club dues are $47 a year and their local chapter dues are $15. (their chapters only meet every Other month) The Cadillac club dues are more than that!!

Dan Miller
        Auburn, GA

Comment

We do have it good

31.00 is a mere pittance when compared to other clubs that have much less to offer. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Just goes to prove that Studie owners can stretch a dollar!!!
            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

It just proves to me that everything associated with the Studebaker name is reasonable and fair. Even most parts for our cars are reasonably priced.

Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I think the Club dues are a pretty good value. We all know that you must pay to play and my view is that the TW magazine alone is worth the price of admission.

Murray
                Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

A great bargain plain and simple.
                  Dean

CLEM

Comment

WELL.....I guess when I bought a Life Membership in 1972 for $125.00, I got a good deal???? So for the past 40 years, I have paid $3.125 per year. The longer I live, the more I save. And, I plan to live aother 20 years! Not sure if SDC still has a LM option, but you younger guys should look into it. Keep on publishing! stupak

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                      WELL.....I guess when I bought a Life Membership in 1972 for $125.00, I got a good deal???? So for the past 40 years, I have paid $3.125 per year. The longer I live, the more I save. And, I plan to live aother 20 years! Not sure if SDC still has a LM option, but you younger guys should look into it. Keep on publishing! stupak
                      No, stupak; the LM has not been available for many years. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think that life memberships should be reinstated. Now, it would be at least $385. Remember that the money paid up front makes interest, some years more than others, and after the person is no longer interested in Studebakers or dies, SDC still has the money for the future.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                        X