1960 convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 convert

Looking for a solid 1960 Lark convertible, any leads?

Finish your first project, I will be in Minnesota on the 9th of Sept, will have the 63 Super Lark on the trailer at that time, plan on being in Inver Grove Heights 9-10-11 of Sept.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Are you for a show, driver, project or parts car?

Nick

Comment

1960 Lark convert

A solid driver would be nice.

Comment

1960 convert

Thanks anyway, I'll look for an AMC or Pontiac convert instead.

Comment

Originally posted by super wagonaire View Post
            Thanks anyway, I'll look for an AMC or Pontiac convert instead.
            ??? I thought you wanted a Lark? That was quick!

AMC and Pontiac do have some nice convertibles I wouldn't mind owning.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Did AMC offer a convertible in 1960?

Craig

Comment

Good question. Maybe the American? I know they have some cute little convertibles starting in about '63. Not sure about '60.

Buick makes some convertibles I like too. I'm currently watching this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  Good question. Maybe the American? I know they have some cute little convertibles starting in about '63. Not sure about '60.
                  Nope, no "domestic" AMC convertibles for 1960. When the heavily-redesigned 1961 American was introduced, a convertible was again available in the American series.

The rest of the line would have to wait until 1965, when convertibles were available in all three AMC lines: American, Rambler Classic, and Rambler Ambassador. That lasted three model years.

After 1967, only the Rebel was available as a convertible, and 1968 was its last year. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

How about a BIIIGG Convertable? I'll make you a deal on a 71 ElDorado.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

1960 convert

I think 64 and 65 American converts are really sharp, but so is the Lark.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        After 1967, only the Rebel was available as a convertible, and 1968 was its last year.
                        Does the '85-'87 Alliance convertible count? The conversion was done by American Sunroof (ASC).

Craig

Comment

Ah, the car that cost me my belief in Motor Trend when they picked the Alliance as car of the year.... Not bad for what they were, but hardly a 'car of the year'. But that's another discussion
                          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                            Ah, the car that cost me my belief in Motor Trend when they picked the Alliance as car of the year.... Not bad for what they were, but hardly a 'car of the year'. But that's another discussion
                            At least the 1971 MT 'Car of the Year' wasn't made in a convertible.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              At least the 1971 MT 'Car of the Year' wasn't made in a convertible.

Craig
                              Yes, and it was wonderful and technologically advanced, like this year's Ironic that this year MT picked a coal-powered car. Take that, crazy ol' Algore!
                              Last edited by Bob Andrews; 08-02-2011, 04:17 PM.
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X