Back Studebaker'n Again Pictures Added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Studebaker'n Again Pictures Added

I haven't been able to work on Studebaker's since March 11th when my wife had a stroke and viral meningitis. I hadn't even opened a Turning Wheels since then. They sent her home from the hospital and said she would not make a month. Well we fooled them. They said she would never be able to walk again. We fooled them again. She is going all over the house on her walker and won't allow the wheel chair in the house. I can leave her alone for hour or 2 now. This morning I got up at 4am and took the wagon out from under the house and put it under the car port. Pulled the 49 truck under the house and turned the a/c on in the basement. Now to fix the wreck I had in Springfield. I have all the front off and thanks to Anne F Goodman for the grille. I can start straightening the fenders. And put it back together.
    My wife said she has a lot Studebaker'n to catch up on.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Carl Purdy; 07-28-2011, 02:55 PM.

Glad Betty is doing much better, Carl!
    Have fun putting the truck back together.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

That is good news Go Betty Go!! And Carl I was happy to help. Good to hear Good news.
      Anne
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

You guys are inspirational! Congratulations! Now get that puppy bolted back together and take your lovely for a ride

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

That grille is a lot worse in person than the picture shows. The grille is almost flat.

Comment

Carl,

You know that you have to get that truck fixed before Betty can get down those steps, chalk in hand, and start running her fingers over the repairs. She may let up a little on the size and number of circles on that front fender. That remains to be seen. It is so exciting what we have seen with Betty’s recovery. I know that she is a very strong individual and you are a demanding rehab coach. Thank you two for being such good friends.

Charlie D.

Comment

Carl, both you and Betty have my respect and admiration. You are both special folks, and there is no question that you each keep the other going.

Now that I am retired again, at least for a while, <G> maybe I can come over and watch you work for a while. (Work fascinates me, I could watch it all day.)

Give Betty a hug and hello from me.
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Excellent, Carl; good news all the way around. Cool beans! BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Super! Good to hear that things are going better than expected.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Carl, please give your wife Betty a HUGE hug for us here! I feel for what you both have gone thru & admire the determination Betty has. Strokes run in my family on both sides, so I am very well aware of what it entails & demands of both. Please keep us posted on her recovery & note the Stude as a footnote.
                    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                    64 Zip Van
                    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                    X