They Call Me Mr 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Call Me Mr 500

Well, after listening to some stories about the early and late Paxton days at the John Hull led seminar at Gettysburg, I went on EBay and snagged a hardback copy for $12.50 including shipping. The UPS guy just dropped it off. I wish I had my chores done so I could start reading, but Avanti wood inserts are impatiently waiting (as is their installer). Perhaps I can wait until mid-August and the long drive to Bonneville
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

I've had the book for many years. It's a very interesting and enjoyable read. Lots of insights and history. Of course, Andy is the central character and hero of the story, but that makes it even more interesting.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Had my copy signed by Andy at his SNM Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
      JS
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Great read!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I have the paperback version published by Bantam in 1970. The pages are getting a dark yellow hue but the memories & the joy in reading are fresh.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I got the hardbound edition when it first came out. It is probably due for a re-read.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X