Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughters Lark in her first Show & Shine. (PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughters Lark in her first Show & Shine. (PICS)

Proud new Lark owner in her first show with a Studebaker. This is a local yearly event. The car show is down town & the show & shine is about 1/2 mile away where there is more space. There was a nice 60 Hawk with an R2 from the Bay Area.

Here is the Hawk. My daughter & I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner. He was busy talking and we were pressed for time. She kept telling everyone how cool the Hawk was at the cruise. Then she took a good look up close at the show. She was impressed with the engine compartment detail and supercharger too. Maybe he'll come back next year

Gordon

It looks like Tom Benedetti's hawk but I don't remember the fog lights, it is it is a first place car. you will be needing to put a charger on the lark before long Gordon.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Gordon, it is great to see you and your daughter so heavily involved in the Studebaker hobby, both "show & shine" and drag racing! Truly, when she is older, you'll appreciate the bond you've made.

BTDT: If you have a March 1996 Turning Wheels around, check out Page 32. That was 15 years ago...and in an hour, I'll leave for my daughter and son-in-law's house to watch 19-month old grandson today while she's off at Nurse Practitioner clinicals.

Time flies; enjoy that which you have together. It will warm both your hearts in years to come. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think it's great when kids get involved. My own kids don't have the old car "bug", but each of them appreciate them. They also enjoy tagging along with "the old man" and watching him act like a kid.
        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
          I think it's great when kids get involved. My own kids don't have the old car "bug", but each of them appreciate them. They also enjoy tagging along with "the old man" and watching him act like a kid.
          Kurt, if you're an old man, I'm a fossil! (Some would not dispute that, I realize. <GGG>) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

niiice job on the stude to you and your daughter. My goal is to get the wagon running and going for the Good Guys Show next year.
            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

I can see my daughter doing this in another ten years or so. She told me last year that my 62 hardtop, a Lark I have been tinkering on for nearly twenty years, was hers (That's my car daddy). I think that she wants me to paint it purple but that could change

Jeff T.
              \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
              The Replacements.

Comment

Great pics and it is wonderful to have your children involved in the hobby. My son and I did car shows for many years and now he has his own family. My Granddaughter,Ava, who is only 4 tells me "I want me a Studebaker when I am 16 old" and she said riding in my '55 was like riding a "Roller Coaster" due to the wind blowing her hair.
                Enjoy these days with your daughter, they tend to grow up way to fast...

Comment

Good stuff Gordon!
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Thanks every one. The Lark was her graduation present. She has been showing it off & drag racing ever since. She was brought home from the hospital in a 63 Lark 4 door. Still have the car.She still calls it her car.

Gordon

Comment

its great your daughter is in to studebakers. i used to be a specatator until my husband bought me my own 59 lark regal vi four years ago. ive been going to cruise ins and car shows since then and fell in love with classic cars. my husband has his other studebaker and packard, it brings us closer together and we share a common bond . i love my lark, and i baby it.

Comment

Very cool, Gordon, and rare! My 20YO son has absolutely no interest in Studes, or any cars for that matter. He has 16 cousins (10 boys) and none of them have any interest save for one nephew, Evyn. I got a Lark body from Sonny that was intended to be his first Stude, but at 16 he flits from one thing to the next; not to mention he's a good looking kid and is mildly amused by the female attention he gets. Plays lacrosse and drums too. But right now he's into racing; thinks he's going to make the outdated, tired frame he got from a neighbor into a racecar with zero knowledge and less money- his MO is to ask me for advice, then do the opposite<G> But what do I know, I've only been racing 40 of my 50 years and won a pile of races. Kids...

Chances are, Evyn will settle down and come back around to the Studes that so captivated him just a few years back. Hope I'll not be too old to play and teach him then
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Those Larks are nice cars. I don't care if they are 2 or 4 door. Any model can be dressed into Babe Magnets. Not second class in my mind compared to another Stude. Just another offering. I wish I would have kept my 60 Regal 4 door. One day I will get me a nice 4 DR. Your daughter is light years in front of he peers as far as knowing what unique is. Hopefully other young folks will be subjected to Studes. I don't think any brand x can get me excited more than a fine looking Stude. They were engineered pretty good but sometimes suffered in assembly. I would like to have a truckload of NOS parts to assemble into a brand new specimine. jimmijim
                          Last edited by jimmijim8; 07-27-2011, 05:09 AM.
                          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                            Those Larks are nice cars. I don't care if they are 2 or 4 door. Any model can be dressed into Babe Magnets. Not second class in my mind compared to another Stude. I wish I would have kept my 60 Regal 4 door. One day I will get me a nice 4 DR. jimmijim

I'm not so sure about that . They are nice when you yourself age and grow to appreciate them. At 16 with other 16 yr old running around in Civics, Acura's, Mustangs, GrandPrix....A Studebaker doens't quite cut the mustard in the Cool department. It wasn't that long ago I drove mine to school. (more laughs than thumbs up)

But in laughinlarks daughters case....Cool color, sweet wheels, and being a woman, may make all the difference in showing a Larks cool factor to her demographic.... during high school driving.
                            Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 07-27-2011, 05:46 AM.
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

It's nice to see young people in this "grey headed" sport.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X