Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edelbrock Carb Rebate at Orielly's (link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock Carb Rebate at Orielly's (link)

On sale - (Through Sept 30, 2011)

$25 rebate....

For a limited time Edelbrock will send you $25 cash-back with the purchase of select Edelbrock Performer Series carburetors. Eligible carburetors include:
    • 500cfm Performer Series #1403, #1404
    • 600cfm Performer Series #1405, #1406
    • 750cfm Performer Series #1407
    All other Performer Series, Thunder Series AVS and Reconditioned carburetors are excluded and not eligible.
    Valid on new carburetors purchased July 1 through September 30, 2011
    Complete the mail-in redemption form along with the following items:
    • Original receipt (not a copy)
    • Barcode UPC label from box
    Postmarked no later than October 31, 2011, mail the above items to: Edelbrock, LLC, Attn: CARB CASH PROMO, 2700 California St, Torrance, CA, 90503
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Well, duhhh Jeff...

Turns out this is an Edelbrock rebate, and you can get the carb almost anyplace, and send in for the rebate....

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

when I go to O'Really's website, I find only marine Edelbrock carbs new. All the others are reconditioned, and the rebate doesn't apply. Maybe I missed something.
      sigpic
      JohnP, driving & reviving
      60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Hmmmm...
        Did you click on the link I provided?
        I copied it right off of their page...

Eligible carburetors include:
        • 500cfm Performer Series #1403, #1404
        • 600cfm Performer Series #1405, #1406
        • 750cfm Performer Series #1407
        I just opened this link and typed in 1403 in their search box... Here's what it showed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1403 Edelbrock at Oreillys.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1670282
        Originally posted by allstateguy View Post
        when I go to O'Really's website, I find only marine Edelbrock carbs new. All the others are reconditioned, and the rebate doesn't apply. Maybe I missed something.
        Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 07-25-2011, 07:15 AM.

Jeff

Comment

didn't do a search, that's where I messed up. I used your link, then clicked Performance, Engine, Fuel System, Carburetors. Only 7 items pulled up. Two new marine carbs, three remans, and a couple of parts.

Good to know there is a way to get to the right carb.
          sigpic

Comment

FWIW, I've never been able to tell their remanufactured carbs from the new ones. Carb looks the same, box looks the same. Once, I was told by someone who supposedly knew, it was a way for Edelbrock to move stock at a lower price without discounting the supposedly list price. That's exactly what a rebate does, also. I always buy the recon when I can find it in the model I want.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

in this case, the reman with no rebate is a better deal than the new, with a rebate

actually seems like it would be quite a good price on the reman 1403, if they have them.
              sigpic

Comment

Will the REAL 1403 please stand!

That seems to be the trick, knowing which is a 500 CFM.

I have forgotten what those old Weber/AFB numbers meant. I see they have a Reconed Performer series 9905, 9906 and 9966 the generic noted pics are all the same with small primarys and larger Secondaries, not square bore like the 1400 Series, at least on the O'Reilly site. I am guessing maybe the 500/new#1403 is not available Reconed and the 9905 may be a 1405/600? I am sure someone here knows.

The even stranger thing is their generic pics, all with Electric Choke by the way, all say Magnet Marelli? or maybe Magnet/Arilli? on the left side of the main body. I thought the only buyer for the Carter AFB was Weber before Edelbrock.

Edit: Ok, the Edelbrock website verified I was right about the numbers, but they also seem to have have no Reconed 1403's or 500 cfm Reconditioned Carbs.
                But the throttle bore sizes and the strange name on the Carbs. question is still not answered.
                Last edited by StudeRich; 07-25-2011, 12:02 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Advanced Auto Parts is currently offering 20% off on any internet orders and free shipping on any over $75. That brings their price for the 1403 to $279.99. I will send in the $25 rebate too
                  Thanks for the info.

Comment

Now this is where this forum shines!
                    Us guys can be super coupon guru's too!
                    Great info!
                    Thanks,
                    Jeff

Originally posted by mchurchie View Post
                    Advanced Auto Parts is currently offering 20% off on any internet orders and free shipping on any over $75. That brings their price for the 1403 to $279.99. I will send in the $25 rebate too
                    Thanks for the info.

Jeff

Comment

just make sure your metering rod is not stuck like mine when I installed a new 1403 out of the box.

Comment

I am still lurking here awaiting for what I think might be the "Right" information on the carb selection for Sandi's 1961 289. I hope to add a reground camshaft??? RI or R2 specs???
                        The 1403 seems to be the winning recommendation. But I have 2 brand new 1406 carbs and would hope not to have to spend even more money????
                        Good Roads
                        Brian
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                          I am still lurking here awaiting for what I think might be the "Right" information on the carb selection for Sandi's 1961 289. I hope to add a reground camshaft??? RI or R2 specs???
                          The 1403 seems to be the winning recommendation. But I have 2 brand new 1406 carbs and would hope not to have to spend even more money????
                          Good Roads
                          Brian
                          Brian

Why not bolt the 1406 on. It will run and then adjust according to the instructions in the manual. The discussions we have all been reading discuss optimum but I don't see anyone that says the 600 won't run. You can always change it later if necessary, but I think it will do just fine.

Bob

Comment

RI or R2 specs???
                            FWIW, Woody, there is no "or" but only a "R1/R2". Same cam used in both. The easiest-to-find Stude performance cam is the Iskenderian ST5. They'll still regrind you one at a reasonable cost. www.iskycams.com/ Tell'em Jack and Alan sent you, "Those two old guys who hang around and talk about Studebaker and Packard V8s."

jack vines
                            PackardV8

Comment

I bought a 1404 (500 CFM with manual choke) off eBay from a guy that ran it a couple days and found it was too small. It was $115 shipped, including that nifty kit with the assortment of rods, springs, and jets. Looks like brand new. It'll be going on the Provincial.

If one is not in a hurry, it might pay to watch eBay.
                              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                              Romans 15:13
                              Deuteronomy 31:6
                              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X