So.Ga.Chapter meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.Ga.Chapter meeting

We held our annual meeting in Hazlehurst Sat. July 23. 27 people there, but only 5 Studebakers showed up. Edie Thornton's 63 GT, Josh Pair's 60 Lark, James' Thornton's 51 Starlight,Ed Burris'63 Avanti, and my 58 truck.

We held our chapter elections and we have a NEW PRESIDENT!!!.

That's right. We FINALLY got rid of that old guy! Now maybe we can move ahead and get somthing done.
    Congratulatios to the new Prez. Pat Skelly. Who elected by a unanomous vote.

Three of our key members stayed in position. Loren Hendly is still V.P. Valaree Thornton is still treasurer,Matthew Burnette held his position as webmaster. All other offices were changed with a couple of 2nd generation people stepped up to take an office(I got in trouble by calling them Young folks) Heather Culpepper is our new membership director and Rachel Carter is the new EDITOR!! Emily Skelly moved up to Secretary, and Neil Thornton is the new Chaplain.(Ya'll pray for me)

Thanks ever so much to each of the officers who are willing to answer the call, and do what ever they can to keep our chapter and the club as a whole moving forward. NT
    Neil Thornton

Sounds like an excellent assortment of talent and personalities, Neil. Congrats.

How are the retirement pensions holding up for those who left office? <GGG> BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Sounds like an excellent assortment of talent and personalities, Neil. Congrats.

How are the retirement pensions holding up for those who left office? <GGG> BP
      Retired presidents get full salary with benefits !
      Neil Thornton

Comment

But was Pat there when he got elected?
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
          But was Pat there when he got elected?
          Pat was there but we are not sure if he was awake.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

Word in the Studebaker world is your chapter was indeed held back by the incompetency of your former President. Hope they ran the bad guy out of town on a rail. Even a flimsy Studebaker frame rail.

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              Word in the Studebaker world is your chapter was indeed held back by the incompetency of your former President. Hope they ran the bad guy out of town on a rail. Even a flimsy Studebaker frame rail.

NOPE ! They made him the Chaplain. Now he answers to someone who can keep him in check.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                NOPE ! They made him the Chaplain. Now he answers to someone who can keep him in check.
                Now THAT'S a promotion!
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  Word in the Studebaker world is your chapter was indeed held back by the incompetency of your former President.
                  Having been a member of six or eight different SDC Chapters around the Country (including S. GA) I'd find that hard to believe!!! That Chapter is one of the best out there, and Neil is a very LARGE part of it. Enjoy your new job Neil- I'll look for you on the World Tour and book promotion that always follows a President being voted out...
                  I tried both times I was voted out, but Vice Pres. means squat!!!!
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                    Having been a member of six or eight different SDC Chapters around the Country (including S. GA) I'd find that hard to believe!!! That Chapter is one of the best out there, and Neil is a very LARGE part of it. Enjoy your new job Neil- I'll look for you on the World Tour and book promotion that always follows a President being voted out...
                    I tried both times I was voted out, but Vice Pres. means squat!!!!
                    Agreed, Dave. If it weren't for my granddad's dedication and perseverance, there wouldn't even be a South Georgia Chapter of SDC. From starting up the chapter in 1993, to keeping it together since then, without a biased opinion I think he deserves most of the credit for the chapter's existence. Heck, it was largely because of him that the Studebaker National Museum has a Zip Van on display. Congratulations on a job well done as President over the years, and I hope you enjoy a break from all the hard work. You've certainly deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      Agreed, Dave. If it weren't for my granddad's dedication and perseverance, there wouldn't even be a South Georgia Chapter of SDC. From starting up the chapter in 1993, to keeping it together since then, without a biased opinion I think he deserves most of the credit for the chapter's existence. Heck, it was largely because of him that the Studebaker National Museum has a Zip Van on display. Congratulations on a job well done as President over the years, and I hope you enjoy a break from all the hard work. You've certainly deserved it.
                      I don't know of any better way to express the sentiment. Well done Matt.

Comment

I agree Matthew. Neil has done a outstanding and dedicated job since the clubs beginning. He has always hung in there.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I didn't start this thread fishing for compliments, but I do apprieciate them.

I am really proud of the accomplishments of the So.Ga. Chapter, But I can't take the credit for them. It has been a team effort from the word GO. M.A. was our 1st VP,treasurer, and membership director. His wife served as Sec. Matthew grew up in our chapter, Dave was a big part of us for many years. Wayne and Ann Lee were our award winning editors for years.

As far as the Zip Van goes, All I did was donate a junked out truck to the chapter. Our talented members did the rest. Check out our website for details. Thanks again everyone. NT
                          Neil Thornton

Comment

I attended one of the meetings about a year ago, the exalted ruler was campaigning then.. A very good club and wish the very best.. NOW I wish I had my 53..

Comment

Working...
                            X