• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Still Work For (a) Studebaker

A 1902 Studebaker, that is.......

(copy: See link for complete article)

Photo by Norine Albers

At this Warm Springs Ranch facility guests will see how these horses are being cared for and nurtured.

By Norine AlbersWarm Springs RanchThe eight hitch horses pull an original 1902 Studebaker wagon.www.warmspringsranch.com
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Thanks so much for this, Jeff.

My 92-year-old mother loves horses and, especially, the Budweiser Clydesdales. They don't have e-mail, but I was able to copy this, including the photo, enlarge the type(!), and will mail her a copy.

It will make her day, so thanks again. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Comment

Nice article, other than Whacker is 100% right about the word usage.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

With the recent hostile takeover by a foreign power, one expects the Clydesdales to be replaced with Belgians.

Comment

Let me guess Whacker is a retired english or lit teacher? jeeze

Comment

Deepnhock, thanks for that story. I enjoyed it!

Comment

Now, THAT is funny...if you know draft horses, and Budweiser history
                Jeff
                PS: Maybe we should be glad Budweiser wasn't taken over by Foster's?

Originally posted by comatus View Post
                With the recent hostile takeover by a foreign power, one expects the Clydesdales to be replaced with Belgians.
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by D Davis View Post
                  Let me guess Whacker is a retired english or lit teacher? jeeze
                  An attribute, of which I could never be accused...however, as a person with a Psychology degree, graduate studies in Vocation Rehabilitation, (specializing in the visually impaired), counseling, business, and a career as a "seat of the pants engineer," (as a person who speaks mostly "cotton field colloquialism") I enjoy an occasional etiology lesson.

Thanks, MR. WHACKER!
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I generally don't go around correcting grammar, word usage, spelling and the like. I make an exception for professional writers who should know better, and for professional editors who should be able to correct this stuff before it hits print. By the way, I am not retired, and I have never taught English or any other language.

Comment

Working...
                    X