• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lamberti Papers ........Richard Quinn

Those of you who ARE interested in Studebaker History and in particular
    the documentation of what was going on during the last years of the
    Corporation , will have read the first (3) Lamberti excerpts that Richard
    Quinn has released thus far , at this stage only on this SDC Forum .

In reading the content of each of the 'Minutes of Meetings' , a great
    insight is given on what matters were going on and needed to be
    attended to . And it is clear from responses from you who are on this
    Forum , that there is plenty of interest .

Of course it would be good to keep on 'releasing' parts 4, 5, 6......& on.
    Also it would be great to see "new" information turn up in 'Turning Wheels'.
    I get the distinct feeling that Richard Quinn feels that the 'demand' for this
    type of information would be somewhat limited , precluding a broader
    spreading of the material to , dare I say it , A BOOK .

Perhaps our best chance to persuade "Studebaker Wheel" to get this
    information 'out there' is at this stage , to respond positively to this
    'Thread' , and let Richard know that there is a pent up demand for
    historical information , particularly "The last days of Studebaker ".

So , the ball is in your court . Please consider ?

CRUISER

I agree Bruce, it makes fascinating reading and I have felt for a long time that a new Studebaker book to the standard of the Beverly Rae Kimes edited history of Packard would be appropriate considering the numerous books, and knowledge discovered since their publication.
    What I'd really like to discover is the history of Studebaker in Australia. I asked Jim Quigley in Fremantle and it seems the records of Canada Cycle and its successor have been lost or were made unavailable to us.

An Aussie dealer list would be good too, perhaps folks know of some? I know of York Motors and Needham's in NSW, Champions here in Adelaide, and one on eBay from Melbourne back in1950
    British Service Pty Ltd
    197-209 Sturt Street South Melbourne SC4.

I just bought this so the link may be gone.
    Last edited by avantilover; 07-24-2011, 01:06 AM.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Love all the info that Richard is willing to release, from the archive photos to now the Lamberti Papers, It has to be time comsuming to read them and than report them here, but I look for them everyday. Thanks Richard
      Tom
      sigpic

Comment

I agree that this resource has a great many of us wanting as much info as Richard can post. It is a great undertaking and very a time consuming endeavor. Patience is the key word. When I heard the announcement that Studebaker ceased production I felt as someone had actually passed away. If the Lamberti Files can clear up the history we must give Mr. Quinn a wide berth. Sifting through any historical document can be a full time job.
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Can think of no better way (except floating in the pool) to escape summer here than to be able to read these fascinating papers under the AC. Thanks, Richard.
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

I think that not only it could be nice to have all the historic knolewdge from Mr Quinn to a book, but also necessary.
            So far there has been several Stude history publications but in my opinion , no one can be considered as "State of the Art". I think that only Mr Quinn can write it.
            Also all the information from Mr Quinn that has been published pin pointed in hundreds of TW could be well organized in a publication authored by him

Comment

I have to agree with "Cruiser", to me these "Lamberti Papers" are the single BEST thing to ever come out about Studebaker History.

I would like to see them published and buy the book.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X