64-66 wire wheel covers relisted with a buy it now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64-66 wire wheel covers relisted with a buy it now

This may be the lowest price you'll ever see on a NOS set.

I don't recall having ever seen a set on a Studebaker. Anybody have photos of such caps on a GT Hawk?
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Holy Cow, those are serious Candy! I'd be afraid to use them. I assume someone will want these for a high-end show car- hide 'em away until on the show field, then install.

Or wall decoration for the well-to-do
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Matthew, have you considered a "second chance offer" with the highest bidder from the first auction?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          Holy Cow, those are serious Candy! I'd be afraid to use them. I assume someone will want these for a high-end show car- hide 'em away until on the show field, then install.

Or wall decoration for the well-to-do
          They'd look good on a Zip van, Bob.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Brent, I've seen them on GT Hawks, Avantis, and Cruisers even. They look best on GTs to me.

Originally posted by studefan View Post
            Matthew, have you considered a "second chance offer" with the highest bidder from the first auction?
            Yep.. No sale. They might look alright on a red Super Lark.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Matthew! I really like the looks of those wheel covers.

Comment

I have only seen one set and this was at the International Meet way back in the late 80 or early 90s in Portland OR. Very nice.

Mark
                Attached Files

Comment

Sold! Off they go to Wild and Wonderful West Virginia..

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    Yes!! I sold my first NOS set of these to JDP back in '98 or so because I couldn't figure out how to mount them (didn't know about the clips, but he did). Regretted selling and started looking for another set. Bought a set from Bob Peterson (not NOS, but flawless) and put them on my '64 Avanti (knew about the clips and where to get them this time). Sold the car on eBay with the caps and the proviso that I would knock $500 off the price AND install a set of NOS standard wheel covers. Buyer opted to take the wires. More regret. This time they are keepers no matter what.
                    Attached Files
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Barry Hackney has a NOS set for sale jimmijim
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Not a plug-n-play situation.

A pain in the arz to mount to clean etc.

Don't inquire how I possess this knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                          WHAT! Not Australia? <GGG> BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            WHAT! Not Australia? <GGG> BP
                            I had them in Springfield and tried my best to get Ian to buy them. He wasn't too excited about 'em.

Comment

I've never been crazy about fake wire wheels, and then having fake knock-offs on top of them?
                              No, thanks.
                              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X