Looking for SDC member Stan Fisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for SDC member Stan Fisher

I've never started a thread before so I hope I am doing this properly. I would like to locate SDC member Stan Fisher that I understand has a front clip in his Studebaker made by Industrial Chassis. Any help would be appreciated.

There is no Stan Fisher in the current (2011) SDC Roster.
    Several Fishers, but no one by the name of Stan, or with a single initial S.
    Does he go by any other name? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm not sure he exists. I have been trying to find someone that has an Industrial Chassis front clip installed and they gave me the name and said he was a member of SDC so I thought I would put the name out on the forum and see if anyone knew him.

Comment

Steve at Industrial Chassis has done several Studebakers now. here is a link to a GT buildup:

Comment

Man I swear I've heard the name like maybe I sold him a part,but know nothing more.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            Man I swear I've heard the name like maybe I sold him a part,but know nothing more.

I Know I have heard the name before in Stude circles but cant place him. Could the surname be spelled differently? Steve
            sigpic

Comment

I've got one of Steve's (Industrial Chassis) front clip on the 53 Coupe I'm building.
              I spoke to Stan quite a bit about his results before moving forward with my build. There are a few of these setups in the
              Phoenix area that Stan looked at before doing his...if I remember correctly.
              I can probably come up with Stan phone # if necessary.

Bill
              Bill Foy
              1000 Islands, Ontario
              1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
                I've got one of Steve's (Industrial Chassis) front clip on the 53 Coupe I'm building.
                I spoke to Stan quite a bit about his results before moving forward with my build. There are a few of these setups in the
                Phoenix area that Stan looked at before doing his...if I remember correctly.
                I can probably come up with Stan phone # if necessary.

Bill
                How's your project coming? I made contact with someone in Texas that is using the Industrial Chassis clip and from his recommendation I have purchased and installed the unit on my project. I would still be interested in hearing from anyone that has one of these clips installed. I wish it would have come with a sway bar option. I will be looking for a sway bar in the very near future if anyone has any idea of what would fit with the least modifications.

Comment

Larry, I bought the sway bar kit that is on my 41 from Chassis Engineering in Iowa. They are pretty well known on the street rod scene. It is a universal model and it readily adapted to my modified Mustang II front suspension.
                  Originally posted by Baker54 View Post
                  How's your project coming? I made contact with someone in Texas that is using the Industrial Chassis clip and from his recommendation I have purchased and installed the unit on my project. I would still be interested in hearing from anyone that has one of these clips installed. I wish it would have come with a sway bar option. I will be looking for a sway bar in the very near future if anyone has any idea of what would fit with the least modifications.
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1953 Restoration 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1675807Click image for larger version

Name:	1953 resto 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1675808
                    It going slow but is now a rolling chassis with disc brakes on all four corners trac bars and sway bars front and rear and is
                    heading to the body shop this week....
                    Purchased a couple of things from Chassis Engineering, motor + transmission mounts, but still have to find a bunch of bits
                    to get the chassis finished.
                    I now have Stans info if needed.

Bill
                    Bill Foy
                    1000 Islands, Ontario
                    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                      Larry, I bought the sway bar kit that is on my 41 from Chassis Engineering in Iowa. They are pretty well known on the street rod scene. It is a universal model and it readily adapted to my modified Mustang II front suspension.
                      Thanks Frank. I have one of their catalogs so I will see what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]18390[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18391[/ATTACH]
                        It going slow but is now a rolling chassis with disc brakes on all four corners trac bars and sway bars front and rear I now have Stans info if needed.

Bill
                        Bill, What sway bar did you use? Do you have pictures of it installed? I would like Stans info. Thanks, Larry

Comment

Working...
                        X