Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Studebaker Flight Hawk Forum

Hello,
    I am restoring a '56 Flight Hawk. I was wondering how many Flight Hawks are still around?
    I have only seen a few photos online which leeds me to believe there are not very many still around.
    Anyone have a good number?
    George

Originally posted by GeorgeColvin View Post
    Hello,
    I am restoring a '56 Flight Hawk. I was wondering how many Flight Hawks are still around?
    I have only seen a few photos online which leeds me to believe there are not very many still around.
    Anyone have a good number?
    George
    WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum!!!

Ok, now that we've got that formality out of the way...

...it would be my "guess
    Last edited by Welcome; 08-22-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

A friend of mine has a nice one but it is V-8 powered and stick shift he wants around $7,000.00 for it.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
        WELCOME [COLOR="blue"] /Cut/...it would be my "guess" there are less '56 Flight Hawks still around than there are '56 Power Hawks, or '56 Sky Hawks or '56 Golden Hawks./Cut
        You are probably correct about the Power Hawks and Golden Hawks, but not likely the Sky Hawks, they are much rarer than Flight Hawks which sold in much greater numbers.

Then of course, there is the desirability factor of a 6 Cylinder Hawk!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          You are probably correct about the Power Hawks and Golden Hawks, but not likely the Sky Hawks, they are much rarer than Flight Hawks which sold in much greater numbers.

Then of course, there is the desirability factor of a 6 Cylinder Hawk!
          Rich, do you (or for that matter anyone reading this) have a CD version of a recent SDC Membership Roster? If yes, does it have a searchable database

Comment

Here's two more rare hardtop models that were discussed a while ago:

Craig

Comment

I belong to a Flight Hawk Google group that has 5 Flight Hawks around the world. Only 2 in the USA. My Hawk belonged to my Uncle that passed away last July. I am about 90 % done with a total restoration of the car. It will be about 75% original.
              Originally posted by Welcome View Post
              WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum!!!

Ok, now that we've got that formality out of the way...

...it would be my "guess" there are less '56 Flight Hawks still around than there are '56 Power Hawks, or '56 Sky Hawks or '56 Golden Hawks. We tried buying a “survivor” ’56 Flight Hawk a few months back, but could not get together with the Seller on price.

How about sharing a few details about yours with your fellow Forum members??? TIA

Comment

As the guys said, welcome to the forum. The only Flight Hawk I knew of was in Clinton, Tn. where I grew up. Our Grammar school principal bought it from the Studebaker dealer my Dad worked at, and Dad always teased him about being so cheap for buying a 6 banger Hawk. I thought it was cool looking, I remember it was two-tone blue, (but it's been a long time, could have been just blue) but as I got older, wondered if the Golden Hawk engine would transform it into a sneaky, unassuming looking, brand X beater, ha ! Glad to hear you're restoring it, good luck and let us see some pics when you can. John

Comment

Stephen Cade in Florida has a pretty nicely restored '56 Flight Hawk.

My grandfather has one as well, but it's had a V8 conversion and a '53 front end installed.

Comment

I had one in the boneyard up untill last year. It was pretty well picked clean, then scrap prices wet sky high.....
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

For those that don't know, there were 4389 Flight Hawk coupes (C body) and 560 Flight Hawk hardtops (K body) built.
                      My guess at how many left is 250.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The judges at a Studebaker car show told me they would be surprised if there were 100. He said that is because most people don't restore the Flight Hawk as it was a six cyl.

Comment

Last edited by Chapuis; 08-22-2011, 02:55 PM. Reason: Complement of informations, correct mistake

Comment

my grandpa has a 56 flight hawk. in southern missouri
                            Kevin Phillips
                            Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

One belonging to Ralph Novarra in Washington:

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X