Avanti Gas Tank Outlet Fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Gas Tank Outlet Fitting

Can anyone tell me what the fitting specs are for the outlet fitting of an Avanti gas tank? My fitting is missing and my manual doesn't have the info. I'm interested in knowing the size and thread specs. I'm guessing it"s a right angle pipe fitting of some sorts? Thanks in advance.

I dont know off hand .. you might try getting a few standard sizes
    and see which one fits (bring the others back) or bring the tank to
    a store and try a few there.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I believe it's 1/4"pipe

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
      64 Avanti R3w/NOS
      88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

I agree,I do think it's 1/4 pipe thread. I purchased my replacement at a hardware store. I bought a straight fitting instead of a 90. I destroyed my factory fitting getting it off mainly because there isn't much room to work around up in there,in order to remove the gas tank, and with the straight fitting a deep 9/16" socket goes right over it. Another thought would be to take the tank to the store with you and find one that fits up and works in one trip. RD

Comment

Thanks for all the good info guys. I figured it was something standard, but just wanted to see what you all had to say before making a trip to the hardware store.

Comment

Working...
          X