rapid prototyping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rapid prototyping

I just bought an used Z-Corp 310 prototyping machine. Holverson Designs may be back in business. Are there any needs or wants in this group that short run plastic parts could fill? Thanks!
    1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
    1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

What are the size limitations?
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just checked out videos on youtube of the Z-Corp 310 very cool machine with endless possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by DougHolverson View Post
        I just bought an used Z-Corp 310 prototyping machine. Holverson Designs may be back in business. Are there any needs or wants in this group that short run plastic parts could fill? Thanks!

I can think of a few dozen wiper, shift, and switch knobs. (Many colors are not available for example, even if the know has been repro'ed.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

How about tail light lenses for 2006 and 2007 Avantis? There are several members with this cars that have broken tail light lenses and without the factory around, none are available. I saw one such car at the Gettysburg meet last Saturday with a broken left tail light lens. I know there are others out there.
          And other owners will probably want spares in case their lenses break.
          Lew Schucart
          Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Are the 2006 & 7 Avanti Tail Light Lenses different than Studebakers?

I would think they would not look very authentic if not.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Larger than Studebaker, no frame, same basic wrap around shape.

Comment

These machines are cool. Way back in 1990 I worked for a small company that had an SLA-250, the first real machine like this. Was only the 2nd one in Michigan at the time.
                The polymer choices are much wider now than then. But I don't know if you can do a tail light lens that would hold up. What CAD system do you model with Doug?

Comment

Drool - I'd love to have one of those machines. The part I'd like to do is a custom finned valve cover for the OHV 6. I'm sure you could do the casting straight from the plastic prototype...
                  Scott Rodgers
                  Los Angeles
                  SDC Member since 1989
                  \'60 Lark HT
                  \'63 Wagonaire
                  \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I must 'fess up that I'm a noob at this. I use to know some AutoCAD back in the '90s. What software do you recommend for somebody starting over from scratch on a budget? Thanks!
                    1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                    1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Solidworks. And I say this as an employee of a rival CAD comapny. But your 3D modeling needs to feed this machine are a good fit for solidworks. It's very popular and reasonably priced. If you still lean toward AutoCAD then check out Autodesk Inventor. It's a very capable package as well.

Comment

I would recommend Kubotek KeyCreator. That is what I use. It used be called Cadkey and they were the innovators of 3D cad and solids. Very user friendly and easy to learn. http://www.kubotekusa.com/products/k...2011-index.htm

sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
                        Bubbaland South
                        Resident Machinist

Comment

Don't know what the size constraints are for this model but if any one wants it I have the avanti style supercharger bracketry modeled up in solidworks and at one time we made one in 3d at work for me to mock up at the house. Lost it in my move to asheville though : (

I also use autodesk Inventor at work and could probably help out modeling things if anyone needs help or wants something. My next step is to model an SN paxton supercharger and the avanti water pump so I can start looking at belt and pulley configurations.

Comment

i would like to have made three chrome pieces to fit at the bottom of my 1950 Commander dash, to serve as air conditioning outlets. I have a 2-D CADD drawing of what i want, but do not know where to go from here. Any advice and help would be appreciated. the new pieces would need tobe chrom plated. i can send a copy of my dash plab by snail mail - i don't yet know how to post it.

alan hagan
                            301 233-3445
                            alanahasan@gmail.com

Comment

I need some help from someone familiar with solidworks, I am in graphics field and trying to convert artios files(.dxf structure files to solidworks). If anyone knows how and might be interested in a short term part time job please contact me by email. We can talk by phone for details.
                              It is an addiction!

Comment

Working...
                              X