El Camino/Studebaker custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Camino/Studebaker custom

I thought some people might enjoy these pictures of a recently completed custom in Australia. The owner is Jim Kirwan. I think the color is great for a custom.

You might be able to see another angle at this link (go there and hit the back button on the website (not browser)): http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gal...6020-3,00.html
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

That looks better than this one.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

That looks better than this one.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

While very nicely done, it looks like it is just that kit from Orlando, Florida...
        Here's that pic...
        Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

While very nicely done, it looks like it is just that kit from Orlando, Florida...
          Here's that pic...
          Jeff[8D]

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Good to see the steering wheel is on the "correct" side!!

Comment

Good to see the steering wheel is on the "correct" side!!

Comment

quote: Good to see the steering wheel is on the "correct" side!!
                Hot dog I know what that is!! That's one of those rural postal carriers !!
                Over here since we drive on the right many mailboxes are usually on the right facing the street. So the carriers asked for a car with the steering on the correct side so they can reach over and put the mail in the box without having to get out.
                If that is the kit in TW, that makes for one nice looking piece.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

quote: Good to see the steering wheel is on the "correct" side!!
                  Over here since we drive on the right many mailboxes are usually on the right facing the street. So the carriers asked for a car with the steering on the correct side so they can reach over and put the mail in the box without having to get out.

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                  [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                  [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Only Stude part involved is the center bullet and head light stuff...
                    Otherwise it's pure El-Camino and fiberglass..
                    And when you sit in one, you would be amazed at how much of the forward view is taken up by the hood line running a third of the way up the windshield...
                    (And you guys love this and complain about belly button motors?... Yer' all in denial)
                    Jeff[8D]

[/quote]

Jeff

Comment

Only Stude part involved is the center bullet and head light stuff...
                      Otherwise it's pure El-Camino and fiberglass..
                      And when you sit in one, you would be amazed at how much of the forward view is taken up by the hood line running a third of the way up the windshield...
                      (And you guys love this and complain about belly button motors?... Yer' all in denial)
                      Jeff[8D]

[/quote]

Jeff

Comment

At 1st I thought I had 1 too many "Foster's", but then
                        I realized the image must have been reversed, for that
                        wheel to be were it was....thanks for clearing it all
                        up "mates".....needed sun glasses, on for that colour.

1964 Daytona
                        glen Brose
                        Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

wheel to be were it was....thanks for clearing it all
                          up "mates".....needed sun glasses, on for that colour.

1964 Daytona
                          glen Brose
                          Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

quote:Originally posted by glen

wheel to be were it was....
                            Glen,

It must have been stronger than Fosters.... look at the poster the gal is holding above the car. Unless it was printed backwards then the image is correct.

Gary

Comment

quote:Originally posted by glen

wheel to be were it was....
                              Glen,

It must have been stronger than Fosters.... look at the poster the gal is holding above the car. Unless it was printed backwards then the image is correct.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X