No announcement yet.

Anyone know this car's former owner ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know this car's former owner ??

I purchased a very nice 1957 Silver Hawk on e-bay , January 2008. Seller advised me that he had purchased it a short time ago from the estate of a gentleman named John Jackson, a Firefighter in Memphis, TN.
    Unfortunately, seller did not get any history on this car. I believe Mr. Jackson owned the car for a long time and spent a good sum of $ on it's restoration. Car is black ,fins removed, Weld wheels, new chrome/stainless, burgundy pleated interior, new R-134 A/C, and many other new replacement or rebuilt items.
    If anyone knew Mr. Jackson, perhaps you may know all the improvements he made to this car. I am contemplating selling the car and would like to provide as much history as possible.

Pics, pics, pics?

Comment

I was hoping the name, John Jackson/Memphis,TN would be the memory spark. However, will attempt adding pics as soon as possible.
      Been a few years since I did that, and I misplaced all my "how-to" notes on the procedure.
      Thanks

Comment

Take the pics, load them to Photobucket, right click on the pic on Photobucket, and click on (img copy) and copy to the thread. It has gotten easier with the upgrades to Photobucket.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer View Post
          I was hoping the name, John Jackson/Memphis,TN would be the memory spark. However, will attempt adding pics as soon as possible.
          Been a few years since I did that, and I misplaced all my "how-to" notes on the procedure.
          Thanks
          The only John Jackson in my 2008-2009 SDC Roster, to match the time frame that you are referring to (2007 membership) is in BC, Canada.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks to all for the info ! I plan to finish a few more details on the car, then take many pics for advertising/sale purposes. Will preview here on forum before going to e-Bay ,
            most likely sometime in late August.

Comment

Working...
            X