Back from Gettysburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Gettysburg

Just returned from the Atlantic Zone meet in Gettysburg.

I thought it was excellent. The weather, the setting, and the number and quality of cars was awesome.

Someone told me that there were over 100 Avantis on the premises (the AOAI National was held at the same time). I didn't count them but there were a lot. There were many high quality Studebakers present from the 1930s on up. I noted that many original cars came out for the survivor judging. I really like the idea.

The best part was finally meeting Matthew and catching up with the many friends from the past.

Overall a great show that was well organized. Congrats to the Keystone Chapter and AOAI.

Yes YeS and YES! It really was great. I think there will be many Gettysburg posts. Great time.

Comment

Including all Avantis in the parking and on the field there over 110 there. The folks who attended made our job easy. THANKS ALOT FOR COMING!!!!!
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
        Including all Avantis in the parking and on the field there over 110 there. The folks who attended made our job easy. THANKS ALOT FOR COMING!!!!!
        I think that there were 87 or 88 Avantis on the field plus many others in the lots. What surprised me was that there were seven of the late models (2001-2007), four of the four doors (1990) and one of the 15 1991 models (all convertibles).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It was great seeing so many Avanti's in one place...and the quality of the cars was great. I had my '02 Avanti there, but was unable to have my '70 there as well since it's still in the body shop. It may be home within two weeks, but still too late for the show. Such is life!

Still...a great show and kudos to all those who busted their cans making it happen!
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
          X