Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stude From The Syracuse Nationals (Street Rod Show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude From The Syracuse Nationals (Street Rod Show)

(copy)
    1940 Studebaker, owned by Robert Pitcher, of Oswego, NY, at the NYS Fairgrounds for the Syracuse Nationals Auto Show.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Beautiful! Can't believe I missed that one! It's a big place, I think I skipped a few rows here and there.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

not much of a "flames" guy, but i like the way he transitioned the flames to the black to look like it's still burnin'...
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

(I just thought his Holley carb leaked and cught fire goin' down the road...).
        Jeff

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
        not much of a "flames" guy, but i like the way he transitioned the flames to the black to look like it's still burnin'...
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Its a star scape. The front is the sun, the flames are the corona of the sun. I wonder if there are other stars and galaxies on the back? Its awesome.
          sals54

Comment

Is it just my eyes or were the front and rear fenders widened quite a bit?

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

I just returned fron the Syracuse Nats; saw lots of Studebakers there including my Speedster. The show was packed and we had the best weather in the 12 years the event has been held. Today it was 88 degrees with a light breeze and an incredible 44% humidity. Every year this show grows and inproves; there are lots of great cars and friendly people. They had 8145 preregestered cars this year, up about 15% from last year.

My car is all original which puts it into the minority but it got lots of great comments and long looks. Thanks for the post Jeff, I forgot my camera.
              Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                Its a star scape. The front is the sun, the flames are the corona of the sun. I wonder if there are other stars and galaxies on the back? Its awesome.
                sal, whatever meds your taking, i want some!
                (joking)......
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Didn't see it there but it's been around awhile. IIRC the taillights are behind metal cut to say 'Stude' and 'Baker'. I think I have a picture somewhere from about 5 years ago, maybe in my laptop.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Good catch Sal, it definately looks like a solar flar to me. I like flame but don't care that much for this one. But, you've got to admire the workmanship. Somebody spent a lot of time and effort on this and did a great job with it.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Yep, here it is, from 2008. Low quality phone pix:

Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone 10-08 068.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1670246Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone 10-08 067.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1670245
                      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                      Romans 15:13
                      Deuteronomy 31:6
                      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                      X