1964 AM Radio Fade switch under dash question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: 1964 AM Radio Fade switch under dash question

I have a 64 Cruiser. I installed a rear seat speaker and wired it up to the front. I bought new from SI the replacement 4x10 speakers (replaced both front and rear, so I wouldn't have to again) and individually they work great however the fade switch that I purchased used, does not. I think it is bad. It looks like a standard pot that I can get at Radio Shack. Went there tonight and nothing looked close. Reading previous threads I see that the speakers run about 8-10 ohms each. So what I am trying to figure out is what kind of pot should I buy and where. I could go with a switch front only rear only or both, but the fade would be nice. Thoughts?

Mark
    Last edited by Bullet; 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling

I would give Dan Skidmore a call. Great guy & close over on the westside of L.A. (310)398-7431
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks will do tomorrow.

Mark

Comment

Just talked to Dan and he does not have any under the dash fader switches. So I am on the hunt for one or a part number or help.

Mark
        Last edited by Bullet; 07-12-2011, 07:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

How about this one?

Or try here:
          Last edited by pdrnec; 07-12-2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the ebay link, I had no idea that there were so many different kinds. WOW. Thanks

Mark

Comment

This one is probably the closest to the Stude. type since it is from a GM Delco, the same as the Stude. radios.

I can't believe how much these brand "X" people are PROUD of their old rusty USED parts! The average is $100.00 each USED!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks StudeRich and PDRNEC. I decided to call Studebakers West and believe it or not they had one in stock. Got it for $29. And it is new! I was hopeing not to have to use an NOS one but to find a replacement. This is better than the used ones on ebay.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X