No announcement yet.

Here's an opportunity(?) for someone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's an opportunity(?) for someone..

64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Excellent. 'Glad to see the battery hold-down present and accounted for. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up!!!

Could be a little difficult getting the starting bid of $5,500. considering those pics. and description, but who knows ...someone may really want her really bad.

Good Luck Seller!!!

Comment

Not sure which is the bigger pile - the junk parts or the story.

Comment

Originally posted by pdrnec View Post
          Not sure which is the bigger pile - the junk parts or the story.
          Whatever you think of the value of the estate, you should know that the "story" is absolutely true and that there are many Studebaker people in this part of the world that knew Dave and watched him not only lose his dream of restoring these cars, but eventually his life to a terrible disease.

Comment

Mea Culpa. The story I was referring to somehow had me looking for a motor with shiny parts on it - or at least something not caked with crud. Terms like shot-peened and magnafluxed somehow gave me a mistaken impression, I didn't mean to denigrate the man's memory.

Comment

Pat's a class act. I'm sure he didn't mean any harm. I had the same impression of the engine from the description of the work done. disappointing. Too much work for me. But good luck to the seller. My condolences to the family. Horrific disease.
              sals54

Comment

This is an estate auction for my very good friend David Hirschhorn. He died of ALS last year, and his wife must sell everything

Boy, that sounds familiar. Best of luck with the auction. And great job for helping his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Boothguy View Post
                  Whatever you think of the value of the estate, you should know that the "story" is absolutely true and that there are many Studebaker people in this part of the world that knew Dave and watched him not only lose his dream of restoring these cars, but eventually his life to a terrible disease.
                  I have corresponded with this seller several times. He is honest and above board and is trying his best to help the family. He tried selling individual cars locally, but wasn't having any luck. I suggested that to simplify things he try a package deal. He went to a lot of work to put the listing together. Shoot, 20 years ago I would have jumped on this.
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                  X