Wish me luck, guys. Am going to look at a Stude today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck, guys. Am going to look at a Stude today

I'm taking a day trip to see a 1965 sedan here in Arizona, will fill everyone in either today or tomorrow. "_
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
    I'm taking a day trip to see a 1965 sedan here in Arizona, will fill everyone in either today or tomorrow. "_

I'm supposed to look at a 56 President next week near me, and am not all that excited. The good news is that it's described as as nice survivor that has been sitting inside for a few years. The bad news is it was grandpa's car, and the grandson thinks it's his ticket to the good life. I'll probably just waste a trip, tick off the grandson with a fair offer, and take pictures in case anyone else wants to pay Golden Hawk money for a 4 door. It never hurts to look, sometimes I'll get a call back in a few months once reality sets in.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
      I'll probably just waste a trip, tick off the grandson with a fair offer, and take pictures.
      Now that would be an interesting story and photo.....a ticked off grandson.

-cut up the quote-
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
        I'm supposed to look at a 56 President next week near me, and am not all that excited. The good news is that it's described as as nice survivor that has been sitting inside for a few years. The bad news is it was grandpa's car, and the grandson thinks it's his ticket to the good life. I'll probably just waste a trip, tick off the grandson with a fair offer, and take pictures in case anyone else wants to pay Golden Hawk money for a 4 door. It never hurts to look, sometimes I'll get a call back in a few months once reality sets in.
        Might be interested in a clean 56 4 door, after it's been "SAL-inized" - if it's reasonably priced.
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
          Might be interested in a clean 56 4 door, after it's been "SAL-inized" - if it's reasonably priced.

If I end up with it, it will get the JDP treatment since it's a hour from me. Don't get your hopes up on the price yet, the grand kid thinks he has a very valuable find and I have not even seen pictures yet. I'd give him the asking price if it's the finest President on the planet, but that is unlikely, we'll see.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

I saw the pictures JDP. Not worth the drive. Ask for the pictures before burning the fuel to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
              I saw the pictures JDP. Not worth the drive. Ask for the pictures before burning the fuel to get there.
              Thanks, I figured it was not likely to be a high dollar example.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Looked at the car.

It's a 1965 Cruiser with a SBC (doubt it's the original 283) with a 4 spd that someone swapped in. Rear vent windows open up and the paint is the original pastel yellow/cream color. The rear end must be an early one since it does not have slide off drums.

The body is nice aside from a sizeable dent in the L/F door and a slight amount of rust in the R/F fender. Windshield is cracked.

I doubt I'll 'pull the trigger' since it would need to be towed 230 miles to my place. Car runs but the carb is sick (2 barrel), tires are trash and the brakes barely work.

Car is near Kingman, Az. Look in the Mohave County CraigsList.
                --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Looks to be a nice car from the pictures. Also looks to be a Cruiser with the rear vent windows and chrome around the window frames. 1965 came with a 283 (SBC, actually Mckennon Industries, before someone corrects me). But not a 4 spd, that I know of. Early 65's had 64 type rear axels, late 65's had the flanged rear axels and a suspended gas pedal.

Mark

Comment

JDP, I am thinking of another 56 President that I saw pictures of. Not the one that is local to you. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

Working...
                    X