non corn gasoline in SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non corn gasoline in SB

Will some one in the SB area explore what Shell Service Station wiil or has hi octane w/o the 10% corn addative for the 2012 50th anniversary meet.

I know a friend of mine who lives in the SB area gets gas for his Studes where they don't have ethanol in their gas.
    By the way 2012 is the 48th International not the 50th
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

All gas is non corn.
      Alcohol is another matter.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
        I know a friend of mine who lives in the SB area gets gas for his Studes where they don't have ethanol in their gas.
        By the way 2012 is the 48th International not the 50th
        FWIW, he didn't say 50th International, I think he meant the 50th anniversary of SDC, or the Avanti, take your pick :-)
        Jim S.
        Last edited by LarkTruck; 07-06-2011, 05:03 PM.
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

ahhh...my mistake
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
            Will some one in the SB area explore what Shell Service Station wiil or has hi octane w/o the 10% corn addative for the 2012 50th anniversary meet.
            Not sure we have SHELL SERVICE STATIONS left around here, but there is the SHELL OIL pipeline up the road in Niles, MI. Would not advise tapping into it though!!! When I get my non-corn gas, I get it at Circle Oil in Mishawaka. They are up the street and a little east of the Fairgrounds.

They have been a long-time sponsor of the Michiana Chapter's events and will likely be a sponsor of the SDC 2012 International Meet as well!!!

Check ‘em out at: http://circleoilcompany.com/

Last edited by Welcome; 07-06-2011, 05:12 PM. Reason: ...just to see if anyone really reads this

Comment

Well here is a un Welcome (LOL) reply. Word is Veldman's bought out Circle Oil and they are closing up. The Veldman family is like the Trump family around South Bend.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAchamptrucking View Post
                >>>The Veldman family is like the Trump family around South Bend.
                You mean just because they own some kind of a tire place???

Comment

OK, well I miss spoke. 50 years of SDC. Question" would you like to be able to purchase a die cast Studebaker 1/24th scale model with graphics celebrating the 50th anniversary of the SDC'

With 1 of every ten ears of Iowa corn going into a gasoline blend the Iowan's refer to it as "corn gasoline"

A note of interest: A ethnol plant under construction here in Iowa has been shutted. Seems they figured out it cost more to make the ethnol then they could sell it for.
                  Last edited by Retired; 07-06-2011, 06:32 PM. Reason: added information

Comment

Originally posted by Retired View Post
                    'Probably a little early to pose this question, Richard. It's a valid one, to be sure, but any answers posted now may well have to be revised or deleted a full year from now.

I'd say sit tight and ask the question again during the week before the meet. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I get all my racing fuel and racing oil, as well as regular oil for my cars from Circle Oil. It really burns me that they are closing the Mishawaka store. It's a shame, Circle Oil is one of the last few places in the area that you can go in, they know you by name, and you get a fine, quality product.
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                        I get all my racing fuel and racing oil, as well as regular oil for my cars from Circle Oil. It really burns me that they are closing the Mishawaka store. It's a shame, Circle Oil is one of the last few places in the area that you can go in, they know you by name, and you get a fine, quality product.
                        Chris, did they say 'when' the store was closing? I'll be over that way late tomorrow afternoon so I'd better get my "usual 6 gallons cans" filled.

So what's the story behind Veldman's buying Circle Oil and then closing the main (Mishawaka) location? Are their plans for opening retail sales outlets at various locations around the area? Wonder what else is on their buy & close list ...BONNIE DOON!!!

Comment

When I was there a few weeks ago they said they would be open for about another month, but I just overheard this conversation. I didn't ask. I don't know for sure, but I guess there is also a Bremen location that will stay open. I have no idea if that's true or not though.
                          Bonnie Doons, I doubt it.
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

I use the Shell hi-test in both my Stude and Acura. The pump says "no ethanol" in the hi-test. So far, so good, but I gassed up at one Shell station on a 4 lane, pumped the hi-test, but the receipt said "bronze". Bronze is the lo-test with up to 40% ethanol. I'll never go back to that Shell station. Be careful?
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Try this site:

Comment

Working...
                              X