Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Project - Opinions wanted

Been looking for a Stude truck project; one nice forum member saw my ad
    on the swap page and emailed me a listing out of Philadelphia area which looked
    good, but turned out it the truck was sold. So I'm still looking.....

This particular truck "might" be available, but I have some concerns. 1954 model I
    believe; No engine or trans, Body looks pretty solid, floorboards need replaced.
    Nice Hood in the truck bed, extra fender there also. Frame has surface rust but
    looks ok. Worthwhile project if I can get it cheap? I would prefer a truck with the
    drive train etc. but his one is close, so no shipping concerns.
    Thanks,

Joe D.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0520 (1024x768).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1733711Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0621.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1733712
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0627.jpg
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1733714Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0619.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1733715
    Attached Files

1. The '54 is one of my favorite C-cab bodies and one of the lowest production years.
    2. That it doesn't have a drivetrain is only a problem if you see it that way. The reality is the 6-cyls have difficulty keeping up with today's fast traffic. Swapping in a Stude V8 or any brandx of your choice is relatively easy.
    3. You said you're looking for a project; I've seen worse trucks brought back

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Speaking from recent experience with the '55 I am just finishing up on, I can bet from seeing the front fender that the inside of the fender where it bolts to the door post and the bottom of the door posts will be rotted out. Will possibly need to replace the rockers when patching the floor as well. Not really a problem if you are comfortable doing the metal work, if not it will get expensive. Classic Enterprises has most of these body parts to help get you started. I believe the '54 has a curved back window which is impossible to find new so be sure this truck has one or you know where to find a used one. Good luck with it and if you get as much enjoyment out of it as I have on my '55 it will be worth it and you will have one of the prettiest trucks ever built.

Comment

I believe the '54 has a curved back window which is impossible to find new so be sure this truck has one or you know where to find a used one.
        FWIW, the '54 has the small back window and the curved windshield.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Thanks for the correction Jack, I should have done my homework. Will remember for future referance.

Comment

You could get this project truck. It's been for sale for ages. Nobody seems to want it.
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Hmmm, can't think of a thing to say to that... besides my garage is not big enough.

Joe D.

Comment

Working...
              X