Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who repro's '41 Champion taillight lenses and bezels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who repro's '41 Champion taillight lenses and bezels?

Seems I've seen a source for these but can't find it now? Anyone?

Thanks.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

I see Chuck Collins has the lenses in plastic. But I think I saw repro glass and bezels somewhere.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Comment

Not saying No, but the plastic that Chuck has are the only ones I know of.

Comment

These have a really HUGE demand by street rodders for every kind of Ford/Chevy out there, some guy posted here a couple years ago trying to sell us CASOs the Tail light Assy's complete with lenses (maybe glass) for some outrageous number like $500.00 with not much interest.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Kurtruk,

We had repo's of the '41 tailight bodies along with reproduction lenses at the International Meet in Lancaster in 2008. I had made arrangement with the guy who was selling these to have an example of the taillight at the meet. It is a VERY nice reproduction in Aluminum with a housing surrounding the back side of the light, which directs the light forward and not into the trunk of your car.

I'm busy a blazes with preparation for the Atlantic Zone Meet in Gettysburg right now, but if you will email me at dfoust@sdckeystoneregion.com the week of the 17th-23rd, I'll investigate my files and get you the name of the guy who is making them. If I remember correctly, they are about $400/pair, HOWEVER, you never find them at the Studebaker Swap Meet in York, at Fall Hershey or anywhere else, and if you do, they are far more than a set of reproductions. I have a '41 President 4-dr and a '41 Commander Sdn/Coupe, and look constantly for these taillight assemblies. They are not out there.

BTW these tailight housings fit Champion, Commander and President, which I believe is another reason they are hard to find
          Last edited by studeguy54; 07-06-2011, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Here's a place:

NOTICE: Production of tail lights will be temporarily suspended until further notice. The new source for the coveted '41 Studebaker tail light. Have you searched countless swap meets, Hemmings' classifieds, and eBay auctions for original Studebaker lights, only to find outrageous prices for

...but they're not cheap!
            Scott Rodgers
            Los Angeles
            SDC Member since 1989
            \'60 Lark HT
            \'63 Wagonaire
            \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Originally posted by scott.rodgers View Post
              Here's a place:

NOTICE: Production of tail lights will be temporarily suspended until further notice. The new source for the coveted '41 Studebaker tail light. Have you searched countless swap meets, Hemmings' classifieds, and eBay auctions for original Studebaker lights, only to find outrageous prices for

...but they're not cheap!
              That's really a decent price for what you get. For comparison, a few months ago I sold a NOS chrome bezel with a NOS glass lens (no bucket/housing) for $170 on ebay.

Comment

Yep,

These are the taillights that I had samples of at Lancaster for the 2008 International Meet. I've held these in my hands and looked them over closely. They are a VERY nice reproduction of the original. Price is a bit higher than when he had them for sale the first time, but, where are you going to find them?? If you need them, I'd suggest you get a pair.

studeguy54@verizon.net

Comment

Thank you all.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Comment

I just listed a pair of 1941 Studebaker taillights on EBAY. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X