Sad demise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad demise

You certainly hate to see the results when someone suffers a fire.

Interesting that the seller thinks it's worth restoring..........[)]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Interesting that the seller thinks it's worth restoring..........[)]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Wait a minute; "...shipped from the factory July 18, 1951?" [:0] What factory; lower Bolivia? Maybe it was what we now call a "program" car; it was sure built long before July 18, 1951! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wait a minute; "...shipped from the factory July 18, 1951?" [:0] What factory; lower Bolivia? Maybe it was what we now call a "program" car; it was sure built long before July 18, 1951! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I wonder if the slow leak in the gas tank in any way contributed to the fire? [:0]

Comment

I wonder if the slow leak in the gas tank in any way contributed to the fire? [:0]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Bob P. - What am I missing? It is a 1951 with a 1950 nose piece. Why couldn't it have been shipped from the factory on July 18,1951?

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Bob P. - What am I missing? It is a 1951 with a 1950 nose piece. Why couldn't it have been shipped from the factory on July 18,1951?

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's got more than just the "nose piece" from a '50, but it must be a '51 as I can see an electric wiper motor in thed engine bay. And that's something you'd not easily convert to! Not to mention a '51 serial number!

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's got more than just the "nose piece" from a '50, but it must be a '51 as I can see an electric wiper motor in thed engine bay. And that's something you'd not easily convert to! Not to mention a '51 serial number!

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Obviously, having never seen the car in person, I couldn't make a definitive determination, but....

If it was the garage/house that caught fire, the car may be salvageable. It depends on the heat of the fire. Paint will scortch off long before the metal will distort. As heat rises, the fire was obviously above the car with the hood up. Would this be an easy job? Nope. And I wouldn't pay anymore for the car than what's listed, but if I lived close by and could give it immediate attention, it could be saved. Or be a good parts car )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Obviously, having never seen the car in person, I couldn't make a definitive determination, but....

If it was the garage/house that caught fire, the car may be salvageable. It depends on the heat of the fire. Paint will scortch off long before the metal will distort. As heat rises, the fire was obviously above the car with the hood up. Would this be an easy job? Nope. And I wouldn't pay anymore for the car than what's listed, but if I lived close by and could give it immediate attention, it could be saved. Or be a good parts car )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                          X