Brake booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Brake booster

Need help on putting brake booster on 11952 studerbaker.what booster works? Than ks

Guessing here that you may have a 1952 Studebaker.

Any Bendix Hydrovac as used on '55 to '64 Studebaker C & K Models and Sedans up to 1960 would increase the line pressure of the under the floor Master Cylinder, but I have never heard of a Pre 1955 having one or needing one either.

It is better to repair the Automatic Adjusting Wagner/Lockheed Brake system to improve stopping.

Or for a BIG improvement install a complete system from a 1954 to 1966 Studebaker, when the brakes were changed to Bendix type star wheel adjusted, instead of the dual eccentrics you should have now.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-05-2011, 10:51 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I understand from your private message that your system is new, so what I recommended still applies: the only way to make it work as it did when new is; properly REPAIR it.

It obviously was improperly assembled. The short lining may be on the forward side, adjusters improperly assembled, the shoes are not arched to fit the drums correctly, and or the Drums are beyond .060-.070 oversize etc.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X