Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Simple Question

How does the front seat cushion attach to the seat frame??? 57 Hawk

On another note, driving home from work yesterday coming toward me on a road near Golden, CO, the only other car on the road, was a '58 Packard Hawk! Now that's not something that happens every day!
    Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO

Should be able to just lift the front edge of the cushion for it to pop out of the frame; may help to give it a little push to the rear at the same time.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Rockne- so it just squeezes in? I've got it out and re- covered, but can't remember how it attached, and I have no zip-locks with hardware labelled "Front Seat"
      Gallivan
      57 Golden Hawk
      Golden, CO

Comment

Originally posted by Gallivan View Post
        so it just squeezes in?
        Should.
        Angled hard wires on the bottom of the cushion should slip behind and down on to the front of the seat frame. On a newly upholstered cushion this may require a little extra effort, stuffing the rear of the seat cushion under the bottom of the back cushions and attempting to push the seat in to the back floor. The angled hard wires should just drop behind the seat frame. No hardware needed.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Mike! You just made the last day of yet another vacation end with a big grin! I bet we were headed home from the Golden Super Cruise. Can't wait till we can cruise with you! Will we see you at the Orphan Show on the 31st?
          Carey
          Packard Hawk

Comment

Carey- I thought that might be you! You know you can tell from a mile away (when you see a Stude) that this is going to be an interesting car!

Hope to be there! Won't have the car (still)

Mike
            Gallivan
            57 Golden Hawk
            Golden, CO

Comment

Working...
            X