Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargain of the Week! <GGG> 1954 Commander...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargain of the Week! <GGG> 1954 Commander...

..."F" body for only $18,000!

Good thing he owns up to the drie [sic] rotted tires; that helps explain the low price so you don't think it's a scam:

Last edited by BobPalma; 06-30-2011, 07:30 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Would like to see more of these sedans saved. This one would be a prime candidate but...

divide asking price by five or six.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

What's that crummbly stuff at the base of the driver's seat?? Is that rust under the paint across the top over the back window? Give me a break!

Frank Drumheller
      Locust Grove, VA
      60S-W6
      M16-52 Boyer-bodied 1948 fire truck

Comment

But Frank? It's "amaculate"!

(My sincere apologies. I couldn't let it go.)

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I like the Charlie Stuart dealer logo on trunk lid.

Comment

Originally posted by studelark View Post
            What's that crummbly stuff at the base of the driver's seat?? Is that rust under the paint across the top over the back window? Give me a break!

Frank Drumheller
            Frank: The crumbly stuff looks for all the world like the barn mice have been sampling the seat stuffing, no?

And how about the cute outward curl on the left end of the front bumper?

Anyone who needs me to check this out, be sure to say so. It isn't all that far from me and at $18,000, it's liable to go quick! <GGG> BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm never disappointed by people; often good for a chuckle. Bob, and I know that you are kidding, the only way that this car would 'go fast' at this price would be to include a V10 pickup with a tow chain. It might scare the mice out of the seats...

Comment

Alright! I've come up with an Excel formula that will give the FMV for this Stude...it a complex alogrithim...

In cell A1 input the asking price. 18000
                In cell A2 copy and paste the following: =RIGHT(LEFT(A1,4),3)
                Press enter and it will all be clear!

It would be nice to see it saved...those 53 and 54 sedans and coups keep catching my eye!

Comment

One to many zeros.

Comment

Methinks this guy watches too much Barrett-Jackson.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Don't overlook the disk brake conversion, it got new calipers in the 1980's. Actually looks like a good candidate for restoration. Many people who aren't into the old car hobby have very unrealistic ideas about prices. If you offer what the car is worth they get insulted.
                      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                      50 Champion 2 door*
                      53 Commander K Auto*
                      53 Commander K overdrive*
                      55 President Speedster
                      62 GT 4Speed*
                      63 Avanti R1*
                      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Working...