Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48/50 Stude Convertible Rod

not much studebaker left but i like it!
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Very well crafted!
    I like it enough to overlook the sbc!

Comment

yeah, but if it's truly a zz4, wouldn't be so bad...

not to nitpick, but i think i would of painted the dash to go a little closer to the interior colors.

Comment

I'd like to see some pictures of the '53 convertible mod in the background!
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Who's fooling whom?

I've seen so many of these "started with a '48, made into a '50" to qualify for the cut-off year for street rods. They say they put a '50 front clip on, but NEVER mention having also changed the rear fenders and the dashboard in the modifications listed. Well, I guess they pull the wool over the street rod guys, but I know better. Body tag is also usually missing.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
            I've seen so many of these "started with a '48, made into a '50" to qualify for the cut-off year for street rods. They say they put a '50 front clip on, but NEVER mention having also changed the rear fenders and the dashboard in the modifications listed. Well, I guess they pull the wool over the street rod guys, but I know better. Body tag is also usually missing.
            The VIN listed does not match any 1948-1950 Studebaker serial number. Perhaps it matches the original engine number that the car was registered/titled to. What year is 599560 an engine for?
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Cool !!!! I like it. Since NSRA changed their rule builders don't have to fudge the pre 49 game any longer. I dropped out of NSRA when I sold my 41 and they would not accept the 53. Now I'm legal with the 53 and my 40.

Denny L

Comment

The only thing I would change would be the tires and wheels. The Chevy could stay since it is already there. It is interesting how many of these "48s" have 50 dashes.
                I remember years ago seeing cars at NSRA events that were obviously 50s, but the owners claimed they were 48 models. This caused lots of confusion for the non Studebaker folk.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

questioned him last night re: serial number, body number, etc... not satisfied w/his answer, which he did post on the ebay ad today.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                    questioned him last night re: serial number, body number, etc... not satisfied w/his answer, which he did post on the ebay ad today.
                    Did you get a picture of the S/N plate from him? Is it a Studebaker S/N plate that appears to be factory affixed? What are the numbers on the plate?

Maybe it is just a made-up plate or a California issued plate to match what was the engine number.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

no picture, just a email with the same answer he put in the ad...
                      my best guess would be a blank plate bought on ebay (or similar place), with whatever number that calif put on a new pink slip (title), engraved on the plate (?).
                      haven't lived in socal since '86, maybe someone out there can verify CA DMV procedures in an instance like this...

Comment

Working...
                      X