Roger Ebert on "Cars 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Ebert on "Cars 2"

Roger Ebert's favorable review of "Cars 2" had but one critique in his conclusion, and that one critique garners it a spot here instead of "Stove-huggers".

It should come as no surprise, as his infatuation with that particular Studebaker finds its way into almost any of his writings related to an automotive topic.

Third time's a charm...
    Andy
    62 GT

I always knew that he had TASTE!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I can't believe they still haven't used a bulletnose, seems like a no-brainer.

Maybe with Ebert being as well known as he is, next time they'l include one just to make him (and us happy).

Also, do an Avanti...:0
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Ebert is a former Golden Hawk owner. His same critique of the first Cars movie.
        Will they never learn?
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Roger is also right about 3D.
          The glasses gave me a headache when I saw "Up", and they do darken the screen.
          I've been reading that the public is tiring of 3D, which upsets all the movie theaters and movie makers who were hoping to make a small fortune with the fad.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

My wife & I took our grandson to see Cars 2 last night. Even though there were no Studebakers again in the movie, at least they werent shown as being among the "losers" that the Pacer's & Gremlin's were shown as. Not as entertaining as the first one, but close. It does give a moral to the young ones to be careful in what they say in that it could be taken wrong. Perhaps the same goes for us in here too, although we, as adults should be a bit thicker skinned but still have to take in account that not everyone might be as tough as ourselves.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

3D was tried in the 1960's. It gave me a headache back then and it most likely will do so today!
              1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Studebaker looking car in the Incredibles

I think there is a Studebaker looking car in the Incredibles. Looks like a Hawk from the front and looking out the windshield.
                But looks more like a Pakard Predictor from the side.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X