Cars 2 - No Studes - Thank goodness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars 2 - No Studes - Thank goodness!

I saw Cars 2 last night, and I am thankful that we did not get our wish to have Studes in it.

Without spoiling the plot, the AMC cars (Pacers and Gremlins) are cast as ugly, as outcasts, as BAD GUYS and hit men for the one really bad car! Some other cars are also cast as these outcasts.

Most cars are fairly identifiable, or are fairly close in looks except for the "mouth" in the front.

I am quite willing to wait until we can be cast as heroes or at least friends of the hero.

There were very few 50s cars.

I can just see a Packard Hawk cast as the villain!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 55s View Post
      I saw Cars 2 last night, and I am thankful that we did not get our wish to have Studes in it.

Without spoiling the plot, the AMC cars (Pacers and Gremlins) are cast as ugly, as outcasts, as BAD GUYS and hit men for the one really bad car! Some other cars are also cast as these outcasts.

Most cars are fairly identifiable, or are fairly close in looks except for the "mouth" in the front.

I am quite willing to wait until we can be cast as heroes or at least friends of the hero.

There were very few 50s cars.
      Like so many sequels would you say that this movie should not have been made ?
      Tom
      sigpic

Comment

Any Hudson Hornet experts out there?

I wondered if the exposure in the first film resulted in a price "bump"?
        If so, did it last long?
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

For clarification, I thought the Pacers and Gremlins were the most identifiable cars. There were a few other orphan cars casted as outcasts, misfits and villains in the bad cars gang. They were "jealous" of the other cars.

The good guys started to criticize certain motors and poorly made cars - fortunately Studebaker was not one of them.

I own a Packard Hawk, so no criticisms and I would not want it cast as the villain unless the villain was "Classy". I think the Packard Hawk is a far better looking car than many other cars out there, and certainly one of the better looking 1958s.

Most of the cars in the film had modern lines.

I am not sure if Hornet sales and sales value increased because of the movie - I doubt it. If they did go up, it will probably be short term, because the Hornet is virtually absent from the Cars 2 movie.

Its an OK movie, but certainly not on the same level as Shrek - one of my favourites.

Comment

55s
            No derogatory meaning was meant. I love the Packard Hawks and if it was a villain it would, indeed, be a classy one. As in Dr. Who's nemesis-The Master!!!
            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X