Wrecked The 49 Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked The 49 Truck

Leaving Springfield Wednesday getting on I 44 from Kansas Expressway. I was looking at traffic so I could blend into traffic. Well the woman in front hit her brakes and stopped and I didn't have time to stop and I got her. She had room to go on down and then blend in But she didn;t now I need a grille I believe I can straighten the rest.

Drivers these days...
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Comment

First rule of defensive driving: "Be predticable". Sorry to hear about your truck. Hope you were gracious about it.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I live near the border of one state that has the "must yield to merging traffic" legal tradition, and another that long believed in "must wait to merge."
        This has resulted in much bad feeling between their citizens while waiting for the tow truck.
        Do all states follow the legal fiction that the rear-ender is automatically at fault, even if the rear-endee's trans is stuck in "R" and the parking brake is on? That's an injustice.

Comment

There's a grill you need on eBay right now.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Sorry to hear this bad news. I am glad you weren't hurt. It really frosts me when folks slow down, especially almost to a stop, when trying to get onto an interstate type highway. Of course it also frosts me when the folks on the interstate refuse to move over to the left lane when there plenty of room and time to do so. I see both of these all the time.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I happen to have your grill I don't know why its in Fresno but $25.00 plus shipping and its yours. If you are interested I'll have David bring it from storage I'll take a picture then you can decide. Let me know Show special. At least I think its a bargain.
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Yes I will take it. Check your PM

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                  Sorry to hear this bad news. I am glad you weren't hurt. It really frosts me when folks slow down, especially almost to a stop, when trying to get onto an interstate type highway. Of course it also frosts me when the folks on the interstate refuse to move over to the left lane when there plenty of room and time to do so. I see both of these all the time.
                  I think that's as bad as people who drive in the left lane on the Interstate. I hate left-lane-cruisers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tahiti Coral View Post
                    I think that's as bad as people who drive in the left lane on the Interstate. I hate left-lane-cruisers!!
                    I do some traveling and I SO AGREE !!!! Or when one trucker decides to pass the other trucker when we are approaching a good incline and they both go side by side up it and beyound neither one gaining a foot
                    Tom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
                      I do some traveling and I SO AGREE !!!! Or when one trucker decides to pass the other trucker when we are approaching a good incline and they both go side by side up it and beyound neither one gaining a foot
                      Tom
                      Usually it's people in cars, not trucks, but I have seen that as well. Makes you wish you had a rocket launcher on your hood.

Comment

Merging is a lost art never taught among the ignorant drivers out there....
                        Go to the very end of the merge lane and stop.... WTF
                        I see it every stinkin' day.....

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
                        Leaving Springfield Wednesday getting on I 44 from Kansas Expressway. I was looking at traffic so I could blend into traffic. Well the woman in front hit her brakes and stopped and I didn't have time to stop and I got her. She had room to go on down and then blend in But she didn;t now I need a grille I believe I can straighten the rest.
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Sorry to hear people are offended by "left lane cruisers" as I only use the left lane when there is on available.
                          Guess I just like to live in the fast lane.
                          Ia am very seldom passed by anyone in the right (slow) lane???
                          Good Roads
                          Brian
                          Brian Woods
                          woodysrods@shaw.ca
                          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Brian,
                            Cruising in the left lane is not a problem for me unless I am going faster than the person in the left lane. As far as I am concerned passing on the right is just not safe. So if folks cruise in the left lane, I hope they are ready to pull to the right and let faster traffic pass safely.
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Most people who cruise in the left lane have no idea of the vehicles around them. Then they get offended if you "remind" them with horns and blinking head lights. If you ain't passing, stay out of the passing lane. Period.
                              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                              X