Your Welcome Night Tickets....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Welcome Night Tickets....

Heads-up to all those who pre-registered for the Springfield International Meet through Cornerstone Registration online AND

Thanks for the tip. We registered on line and have no welcome night tickets in our envelope either. That will mean a trip back to the convention center sometime tomorrow to get them as I have to be at the Fairgrounds to vend by 8am.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Welcome:
      I got a paper "document" about the social that says at the bottom "Free, but ticket required". Is this just an invitation, or is it the "ticket"?

Thanks
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
        Welcome:
        I got a paper "document" about the social that says at the bottom "Free, but ticket required". Is this just an invitation, or is it the "ticket"?

Thanks
        Sorry to say what you describe is only the "invitation" You need to drive back to the Ramada Convention Center and get the actual tickets from Cornerstone Registration. One ticket is required per person; they are yellow in color and are individually numbered. Hope all works out for you.

Comment

Thanks. I'll take care of it in the morning.
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I registered online some time ago. The email confirmation I received shortly after confirmed that I was signed up for Welcome Night. Upon my arrival this morning my ticket was in my packet.

sigpic
            Bob Shaw
            Rush City, Minnesota
            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Originally posted by BShaw View Post
              I registered online some time ago. The email confirmation I received shortly after confirmed that I was signed up for Welcome Night. Upon my arrival this morning my ticket was in my packet.
              Oh BShaw, you're always so lucky!!!

Ran some friends over to pick up their pre-registration packet at 10:40 this morning. No "Welcome Night" tickets were inside theirs either and they were told "NO MORE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE"!!
              Bummer

If someone really, really wants to go tonight, PM me on this Forum by 5 pm local time and you are most Welcome to mine!!!
              Last edited by Welcome; 06-20-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                >>>Ran some friends over to pick up their pre-registration packet at 10:40 this morning. No "Welcome Night" tickets were inside theirs either and they were told "NO MORE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE"!!
                Bummer If someone really, really wants to go tonight, PM me on this Forum by 5 pm local time and you are most Welcome to mine!!!
                Welcome Night

Comment

Too funny!
                  Another sign of our aging society..
                  I can see the news at eleven.....
                  "Riot breaks out at car show when hoards rush gates for ice cream and cake"
                  "Disaster narrowly averted when presidential executive decision released strategic ice cream and cake reserve via voucher program"...

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                  After some really quick thinking by our former SDC President, Mimi Halgren, everyone that showed up for “Welcome Night” got their cake & ice cream! Thanks Mimi for the tickets ...and for your service these past two years!!!

Originally Posted by Welcome
                  >>>Ran some friends over to pick up their pre-registration packet at 10:40 this morning. No "Welcome Night" tickets were inside theirs either and they were told "NO MORE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE"!!
                  Bummer If someone really, really wants to go tonight, PM me on this Forum by 5 pm local time and you are most Welcome to mine!!!
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I got the message that "Only 500 tickets were available and were all sold out." I'm glad that the local news did not have to report "Elderly Studebaker drivers riot in Springfield because they were turned away from an ice cream social."

Anyway, we didn't go because it was my wife's birthday and she never was much interested in my Studebaker affliction. We had a nice birthday dinner at "Thai Peppers" in Springfield and then went to my son's house for dessert of rhubarb pie and ice cream (we brought the rhubarb from Montana) and opened presents. I did get tickets for "Fun Night" Thursday and my son will (probably) come over for the Concurrs that afternoon.

It has been an excellent meet so far, and the weather seems to be cooling down. The Springfield folks are very friendly and accomodating.
                    sigpic
                    Jack, in Montana

Comment

Working...
                    X