Introduction: 1959 Studebaker Lark VIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction: 1959 Studebaker Lark VIII

Greetings! I was excited to find this forum as it's wealth of knowledge on all things Studebaker will surely help me doing a minor restoration on my new vehicle!

My name is Micah, I'm a 27 year old male from Eugene Oregon and I have just recently purchased a 1959 Lark VIII 4door. I'm hoping the attached pictures display correctly for you! I purchased the car off a gentleman on craigslist for 1600 dollars. Running and driving I haven't done much in this first week but put in fuel and check the tire pressure. I think I scored on this car for 1,600 but you all would know better then I do! The previous owner had an SDC sticker on the gas cap and told me join this forum. I drove it up to sweet home last week at 65-70 mph no worries (and 18 mpg I might ad!)

I will soon (as soon as I can find the right shop) be starting a restoration on the lark to make it my daily driver! Being that we're in Oregon...new rubber will be required...all around. But hey, if you can't stand the rain this isn't the place for you.

The car is original from what I can tell, some previous body damage on passenger front fender has been bondo'd but everything else is straight. I was excited that all the trim was accounted for. I am looking for resources in the Eugene area so if any of you know anyone I should talk to please let me know via PM! I had emailed the Willamette chapter of SDC to see if I could come to their meeting this coming Tuesday but have not heard back.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think! Cheers

Welcome to the forum. I would encourage you to join the Studebaker Drivers Club just for the great award winning magazine that you will receive monthly and their are other benefits of membership to enjoy. Again welcome to the forum, your car looks like a great find for what you paid

Comment

welcome!!! all of what "avanti76" said...
      i'm sure some local northwest folks will be along shortly about the local club(s) info...
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Welcome!
        As has been stated, join SDC from this site. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised at what you receive for your money.
        The car looks amazingly solid as compared to most Larks now found. A 259 V8 with AT is a nice driving car.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Greetings. I used to live in Albany. There is the Cascade Chapter in Eugene. I just looked and noticed that the Cascade chapter holds their meetings in Cottage Grove, but there are quite a few members that live in and around Eugene. The Willamette Chapter, which I used to belong to, before our move 6 yrs ago, is also a very active chapter with great members. As has been mentioned, join the National SDC you will be amazed by the stories and parts availability. I drive a 64 Cruiser as a daily driver and they are ALOT of fun. Welcome aboard!

I know around Brownsville, there is a 63 Lark HT and a 60 Champ pickup that I sold a guy, but haven't seen since 1998.

Mark

p.s. Love the original Pacific Wonderland Plates!
          Last edited by Bullet; 06-19-2011, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Don't worry:

Item Quantity Unit Price Extended Price
            NEW US Membership - Periodical Class 1 $24.00 $24.00
            National SDC membership taken care of as of this afternoon

Thanks for the compliments on the car (and plates Bullet). I have an original 1959 plate, but only one and DMV wouldn't let me slap it on there without registering as a "special use" car! Something about having restrictions on when/where a car can be driven seems like a bad deal to me! They recently reissued the pacific wonderland plates so when I went to title I sprung for those and replaced the more typical Oregon tree plates.

Comment

Two of a kind!

Wow! I went outside to see if OUR '59 Lark VIII Regal 4 door with Automatic (Dorothy of Wichita, KS) in the same Turquoise Spring Color; Seamist Green is STILL there!

StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very cool! As a fellow Larkophile, I can tell you it's a ton of fun driving one on a daily basis. I get a question, comment or thumbs-up literally every time I'm out! Good to have you here, and don't be shy about asking questions - we're here to help!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X