Need 259 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 259 engine

My 1964 champ truck with 259 has a #2 rod knocking. Before I rebuild, any one got a running engine for sale?
    steven c

If you decide to rebuild, I've got a good core engine and a set of new .030" over pistons. PM me and we can work something out on a ready-to-run rebuilt long block.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

did you buy champ off of craigslist in tempe? Just curious.
      Check with Jerry Kaiser in marana he had a couple good engines for sale last time I checked. He might even have a 289.

Russ
      Originally posted by pkcsmc View Post
      My 1964 champ truck with 259 has a #2 rod knocking. Before I rebuild, any one got a running engine for sale?
      steven c

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
      53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
      57 SH (project)
      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Thanks for joggin my memory!

Originally posted by rusty nut garage View Post
        did you buy champ off of craigslist in tempe? Just curious.
        Check with Jerry Kaiser in marana he had a couple good engines for sale last time I checked. He might even have a 289.

Russ
        Yes it is the one that was on C/list. It has 67K box A miles and its pretty nice truck except for the rod knock. Still runs great and starts right up. I will call Jerry, I do kinda remember he had one for sale. I got the windshield for my Cruiser from him about year ago.
        Chris Collins mentioned you when I was looking for some one to replace the control arm bushings
        on my 65 Cruiser. Do you do that kind of stuff? With three studies and my 68 Dodge pick up I have more work than I can handle. Actually I love it ; but iam getting anxiuos to get them all going.
        THX

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
          If you decide to rebuild, I've got a good core engine and a set of new .030" over pistons. PM me and we can work something out on a ready-to-run rebuilt long block.

jack vines
          Thanks I'll be opening the engine up to determine the damage. Compression check shows 105 to 112
          across all clyinders. I will get back with you once I nail down repair.
          Thanks again,
          Steven Chadwell

Comment

The young lady that owned the truck called me a year or so back and I went by and gave her a quick estmate for worst case scenario. I'm afraid she didn't have the funds to do it all. We all know how much it cost to play with these old machines and when you outsource the work it can really get up there.
            I saw the truck on craiglist but was afraid to go by and make a offer as I would need a new place to live if you know what I mean.
            Good luck with the truck it looks really solid! Yes I can help out on your front end rebuild.
            Russ
            Russ
            Originally posted by pkcsmc View Post
            Yes it is the one that was on C/list. It has 67K box A miles and its pretty nice truck except for the rod knock. Still runs great and starts right up. I will call Jerry, I do kinda remember he had one for sale. I got the windshield for my Cruiser from him about year ago.
            Chris Collins mentioned you when I was looking for some one to replace the control arm bushings
            on my 65 Cruiser. Do you do that kind of stuff? With three studies and my 68 Dodge pick up I have more work than I can handle. Actually I love it ; but iam getting anxiuos to get them all going.
            THX

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
            53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
            57 SH (project)
            60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Working...
            X