gas problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas problems

Tuesday night I filled up the truck then went on an errand. The following morning I drove to work and parked the truck up on the hill. My daughter came to work a few hours later and said Dad you gas is leaking out of you truck and the paint is all krinkely. Sure enough the gas raised the paint below the filler like I put thinner on it. THAT SUCKS! I have never seen gas do that before, stain yes but never lift. My guess is its the enamel paint. Just wanted to cry a bit thanks for letting me

Was in the oil business for ver 25 years. Haven't heard of any motor gasolines lifting paint BUT with all the new EPA reg. on what can not be put in the fuel alot of new stuff is to get the octane up. Their are well over 50 blends mandated by the epa through out the country. NO telling what was in yours. Again I don't think it was the fuel but everyone should be aware when filling up. Hope you have some touch up paint.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Was in the oil business for ver 25 years. Haven't heard of any motor gasolines lifting paint BUT with all the new EPA reg. on what can not be put in the fuel alot of new stuff is to get the octane up. Their are well over 50 blends mandated by the epa through out the country. NO telling what was in yours. Again I don't think it was the fuel but everyone should be aware when filling up. Hope you have some touch up paint.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Alcohol is detrimental to some coating. And there is lots of alkyhol in this stuff they sell now.

Comment

Alcohol is detrimental to some coating. And there is lots of alkyhol in this stuff they sell now.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Used to see that a lot on repainted motercycles. Not so much any more. I think it's the paint used.
                Klif

55 Speedster
                55 Speedster/Street Machine
                63 Avanti R2
                64 Convertible R1

Comment

Used to see that a lot on repainted motercycles. Not so much any more. I think it's the paint used.
                  Klif

55 Speedster
                  55 Speedster/Street Machine
                  63 Avanti R2
                  64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
                  X