No announcement yet.

Lowest Mileage 1957 Golden Hawk extant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowest Mileage 1957 Golden Hawk extant?

Here you have it; barely 2,000 miles from new!

As original and unmolested as they come, just check out that all-original engine compartment, for example....

Easy with the remarks, guys; enjoy, but remember, this is a public forum. (And, yes, we all know what we're looking at, here....<GGG>) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I'll refrain!

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Ads like this one always puzzle me...

If the car has so few miles on it-
      why would you need to restore it?

I refuse to comment on the 'restoration' in this case.
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Here you have it; barely 2,000 miles from new!

As original and unmolested as they come, just check out that all-original engine compartment, for example....

Easy with the remarks, guys; enjoy, but remember, this is a public forum. (And, yes, we all know what we're looking at, here....<GGG>) BP

Well, he started out OK by saying "the odometer shows", but went on to say "unmolested" when the car is restored inside and out and incorrectly at that. At least he could have got the gold paint right. Sadly, someone unfamiliar with the hobby may be taken to the cleaners. You'd spend 5-10K to make the car right
        JDP Maryland

Comment

I dont see a battery hold down. I do see the incorrect blue paint peeling off the power steering pump. And all that chrome? Nice car but by the ad this seller is in dreamland.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I can't for the life of me figure out why so many cars advertised with "low miles" fail to show one close-up of the odometer.
            Wouldn't a seller want a big neon sign pointing to that?
            Andy
            62 GT

Comment

Well, you really would expect a 2nd. owner to know better than to pass it off as original unmolested, with all those mods like custom Chrome and new incorrect leather interior in a 2000 mile Car!

It IS a beautiful Car, it should not need all the bs to sell it for a reasonable price.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very nice car. I can get beyond all the bull. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< just a person's lack of trueism attempt at selling a fine car. He has a habit of mispelling things that he deems crucial selling points. What's up with the philips head screws inserted into the interior door panels. I'm glad that some Hawks, Studebakers were assembled without them. I hate when people do that. Sorta like compares to putting screws into a GT Hawk trunk lid overlay. I hate when they do that too. jimmijim jimmijim
                Last edited by jimmijim8; 06-12-2011, 04:03 AM.
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I used to think that my 1957 Golden Hawk was the only one with a polished supercharger.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Not so fast

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    I used to think that my 1957 Golden Hawk was the only one with a polished supercharger.
                    Have you checked under your hood lately? jimmijim
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                    X