Ron Ceridono Stude vs Cadillac engine comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Ceridono Stude vs Cadillac engine comparison

SDCer Jim Cain of Shively KY sent me a print copy of this interesting exchange between Street Rodder columnist Ron Ceridono and inquirer Reese Waters. (Thanks, Jim, if you are "on" the forum...or even if you're not!)

The topic is the age-old question of the extent to which Studebaker engineers "referenced" the Cadillac V8 when designing the Studebaker V8. Ron did a good job answering the question while remaining respectful to Studebaker and not acusing them of anything.

I've tried in vain to locate this exchange on the internet so I could post a legible copy, but cannot find one. If anyone else can, please post a link. Thanks.

Or maybe you can zoom in and read this one. (Yes, I may ask for a modern scanner for Christmas...) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thanks, sounds allright by me. jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Hi, Bob,

What issue of Street Rodder?

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

When I zoomed in the print got fuzzy, but I could read it. The author knows his stuff and was more than fair to Studebaker. It is rare for a writer for a main stream magazine to do such a good job.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
          Hi, Bob, What issue of Street Rodder? jack vines
          I have no idea, Jack. Everything that was in the envelope to me is in the photo. There simply is no date, anywhere, not even something like "Spring 2011."

Jim wrote on the back of it, "FWD on the chance you haven't seen this article." BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
            When I zoomed in the print got fuzzy, but I could read it. The author knows his stuff and was more than fair to Studebaker. It is rare for a writer for a main stream magazine to do such a good job.
            Agreed, Howard; I thought he did an unusually nice job. BP

Comment

I think we need to start a "Buy Bob Palma a scanner" fund!!
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                I think we need to start a "Buy Bob Palma a scanner" fund!!
                Well, Paul, coming up are a couple historic Studebaker images (one April 1952 / one Spring 1963) that I photographed to appear in the August Co-Operator, neither previously published in Turning Wheels. I think you'll enjoy them...and, by George, I think I did a pretty fair job reproducing them!

However, checks made be made payable to....JUST KIDDING. BP

Comment

Great article...
                  With my dual quad Cadillac intake i've racked up over 500 miles so far this week with no problems.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X