Newman Altman Avanti Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newman Altman Avanti Paint

Hi guys I was wondering what type of paint finish Newman Altman Avanti Motors use on the Avanti's prior to Steven Blake changing to a different paint system. Where Newman Altman using the same type of paint as Studebaker used on their Avanti's. I know Blake had trouble with the paint system he switched too bankrupting his Avanti Motors. Can anyone help enlighten me on this subject. Thank You in advance.

Avanti Motors under Newman & Altman stated in its advertising brochures that the cars were finished in "Acrylic Lacquer Paint - Any Color".
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

They had major paint issues in the early 80's. The paint would bubble and crack.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
        They had major paint issues in the early 80's. The paint would bubble and crack.
        As did most domestic manufacturers using lacquer. I think 80-83 was the time period.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          As did most domestic manufacturers using lacquer. I think 80-83 was the time period.
          That was the time period where the EPA mandated reformulations in the paint car makers used. It took a number of years for paint manufacturers to work out the problems in certain pigments that would not adhere or fade quickly. Grays seemed to be the worst colors...you could see lots of cars from any manufacturer from that era with upper surfaces faded or peeling. Once the paint makers perfected the paint chemistry the EPA is making another mandated change...whether this will lead to a new round of paint problems to overcome remains to be seen.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
          X